Recent popular references:
Biology of the Cell by Bruce Alberts
1. How life is created. 1969, London,: Marshall Cavendish Books Ltd. 64 p. [edited by] Hermann Bondi [and others].
2. Life and its origin. 1969, London,: Aldus. 160 p. illus. (some col.), col. maps, ports. (some col.) 28 cm.
3. The Life of animals: systems of animal life. 1969, London,: Marshall Cavendish Books Ltd. 64 p. illus. (some col.). 21 cm.
7. Let's discover the prehistoric world. Let's discover ; 2. 1981, Milwaukee: Raintree Publishers. 77 p.A reference book dealing with early animal life on earth from worms to dinosaurs and with man's evolution. col. ill. ; 28 cm.
14. Checkerboard Press biology encyclopedia. 1989, New York, NY: Checkerboard Press. 141 p.Discusses animal and plant biology, the building blocks of life, how animals survive in nature, evolution, and genetics. Rainbow biology encyclopedia.
15. Exploring the ocean. 1996, Chicago: World Book. 224 p.Stories about all aspects of the oceans, including animal and plant life, currents, shipwrecks, and underwater exploration. Childcraft, exploring the ocean
21. Biology and biotechnology of the plant hormone ethylene III. NATO science series. Series I, Life and behavioural sciences, v. 349. 2003, Burke, VA Amsterdam: IOS Press. xii, 471 p. edited by Miguel Vendrell ... [et al.].
22. Nouveaux d‚ebats sur le vivant. Philosophie, ‚epist‚emologie. 2003, Paris: Kim‚e. 184 p. coordonn‚e par Marie-Christine Maurel et Paul-Antoine Miquel.
26. Abel, R., The DHA story : how nature's super nutrient can save your life. 2002, North Bergen, NJ: Basic Health Publications. xii, 145 p. Robert Abel, Jr.
31. Acad‚emie internationale de LutŠece. "Section Sciences." Les Origines de la vie : colloque organis‚e par la "Section Sciences" de l'Acad‚emie internationale de LutŠece, le samedi 10 octobre 1981, au CollŠege de France. 1983, Paris: Arcam. 145 p.,  leaves of plates dessins hors-texte de Marceau Constantin.
34. Akaboshi, M., N. Fujii, and R. Navarro-Gonz‚alez, The role of radiation in the origin and evolution of life. 2000, Kyoto, Japan: Kyoto University Press. xi, 367 p. Kyoto University International Conference on "the Role of Radiation in the Origin and Evolution of Life" (1998)
37. Akhnazarov, Á.B., Kontury ÁevolŽižuŽtžsii. 2002, Sankt-Peterburg: Nedra. 437 p. ÁE.B. Akhnazarov.
38. Akston, J.J. and G. Brown, Beginning of the beginning; an unfolding story of how nature and life evolved on our planet. 1971, New York,: H. N. Abrams. 63 p. painted and written, by Joseph James Akston. With an introd. by James A. Michener and a commentary by Gordon Brown.
39. Alaeddinośglu, N.G., et al., Industrial aspects of biochemistry and genetics. 1985, New York: Plenum Press. viii, 240 p. NATO Advanced Study Institute on Industrial Aspects of Biochemistry and Genetics (1983 : ūCeūsme, Turkey)
41. Allman, W.F., The stone age present : how evolution has shaped modern life : from sex, violence, and language to emotions, morals, and communities. 1994, New York: Simon & Schuster. 286 p. by William F. Allman.
43. Altman, A. and Y. Waisel, Biology of root formation and development. Basic life sciences ; v. 65. 1997, New York: Plenum Press. xiii, 376 p. edited by Arie Altman and Yoav Waisel.
44. AmbarŽtžsumŽižan, V.A. and R.V. Ambartzumian, A life in astrophysics : selected papers of Viktor Ambartsumian. 1998, New York: Allerton Press edited by Rouben V. Ambartsumian ; with an introduction by Geoffrey Burbidge. main themes: Stars Evolution.
46. Anderson, P.A.V., Evolution of the first nervous systems. 1990, New York: Plenum Press. xxiii, 423 p. NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Evolution of the First Nervous Systems (1989 : St. Andrew's University)
48. Angela, P. and A. Angela, La straordinaria storia della vita sulla terra : diario di un viaggio lungo quattro miliardi di anni. 1. ed. 1992, Milano: A. Mondadori. 397 p. Piero Angela, Alberto Angela ; illustrazioni di Valter Fogato.
52. ŚOsawa, S., Evolution of the genetic code. 1995, Oxford ; New York: Oxford University Press. 205 p. Syozo Osawa.
55. Assembly of Life Sciences (U.S.). Food and Nutrition Board., Folic acid : biochemistry and physiology in relation to the human nutrition requirement : proceedings of a Workshop on Human Folate Requirements, Washington, D.C., June 2-3, 1975. 1977, Washington: National Academy of Sciences. vii, 298 p. Workshop on Human Folate Requirements, Washington, D.C., 1975.
56. Attenborough, D., Life on Earth : a natural history. 1st American ed. 1979, Boston: Little, Brown. 319 p. David Attenborough.
57. Attenborough, D., Life on earth : a natural history. Augmented and enlarged ed. 1980, London: Reader's Digest Association. 368 p. [by] David Attenborough.
58. Attenborough, D., Discovering life on earth : a natural history. 1st American ed. 1981, Boston: Little, Brown. 224 p.Relates the story of life on Earth focusing on animals alive today. Based on the television series "Life on Earth." David Attenborough.
59. Aurobindo, S., Future evolution of man : the divine life upon earth. 2nd ed. 2002, Twin Lakes, WI: Lotus Press. p. Sri Aurobindo.
61. Bacon, J.D., Smith College stories; ten stories. 1969, Freeport, N.Y.,: Books for Libraries Press. 343 p. illus. 21 cm.
62. B‚eraud-Williams, S., La noce ard‚echoise : les traditions de mariage en ArdŠeche et leur ‚evolution. Collection Images et traditions. 1990, Pont-Saint-Esprit: La Mirandole. 172 p. Sylvette B‚eraud-Williams.
63. Bailey, J., Falcons. The secret world of. 2002, Austin: Raintree Steck-Vaughn. 48 p.Provides detailed information on the physical characteristics, evolution, various species, behavior, habitat, life cycle, and interaction with humans of falcons, some of the world's fastest birds. Jill Bailey.
64. Baker, J.J.W. and G.E. Allen, Matter, energy, and life; an introduction for biology students. 3d ed. 1974, Reading, Mass.,: Addison-Wesley Pub. Co. 232 p. [by] Jeffrey J. W. Baker [and] Garland E. Allen.
65. Baker, J.J.W. and G.E. Allen, Matter, energy, and life : an introduction to chemical concepts. 4th ed. Addison-Wesley series in the life sciences. 1981, Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley Pub. Co. 241 p. Jeffrey J.W. Baker, Garland E. Allen.
66. Balon, E.K., Early life histories of fishes : new developmental, ecological, and evolutionary perspectives. Developments in environmental biology of fishes ; 5. 1985, Dordrecht ; Boston: Dr W. Junk. 280 p. edited by Eugene K. Balon.
68. Banerji, S.C., Society in ancient India : evolution since the Vedic times based on Sanskrit, Pali, Prakrit, and other classical sources. Reconstructing Indian history & culture ; no. 1. 1993, New Delhi: D.K. Printworld. 423 p. by Sures Chandra Banerji.
70. Barash, D.P. and J.E. Lipton, The caveman and the bomb : human nature, evolution, and nuclear war. 1985, New York: McGraw-Hill. xiv, 302 p. David P. Barash and Judith Eve Lipton.
72. Barclay, S. and World Book Inc., The living world. World Book's young scientist. 1995, Chicago: World Book. 64 p. [illustrated by Sue Barclay ... [et al.].
73. Barg, O.A., Zhivoe v edinom mirovom proŽtžsesse. 1993, Permß: Izd-vo Permskogo universiteta. 225 p. O.A. Barg.
74. Barlow, C.C., From Gaia to selfish genes : selected writings in the life sciences. 1991, Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press. 273 p. edited by Connie Barlow.
75. Barlow, C.C., Evolution extended : biological debates on the meaning of life. 1994, Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press. x, 333 p. edited by Connie Barlow.
76. Barrett, J.A., Evolution of the Ordinance of 1787. The First American frontier. 1971, [New York]: Arno Press. iv, 94 p. 23 cm.
79. Basson, P.W. and L. Bobrowski, Biotopes of the Western Arabian Gulf ; marine life and environments of Saudi Arabia. 1977, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia: Aramco Dept. of Loss Prevention and Environmental Affairs. 284 p. Philip W. Basson ... [et al.] ; illustrated and designed by Lisa Bobrowski.
83. Bellamy, D.J., Botanic man : a journey through evolution with David Bellamy. 1979, London ; New York: Hamlyn. 208 p. ill. (chiefly col.), col. maps, col. ports. ; 30 cm.
84. Bellamy, D.J., Forces of life : the Botanic man. 1979, New York: Crown Publishers. 208 p. David Bellamy.
89. Berger, M. and J. Lofaro, How life began. 1st ed. 1990, New York: Doubleday. 45 p.Explores the mysteries of how life began, discussing the formation of planet earth, the first signs of living matter, the time of dinosaurs, and the development of human beings. by Melvin Berger ; illustrated by Jerry Lofaro.
90. Bergson, H., Creative evolution. 1975, Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press. xxv, 453 p. by Henri Bergson ; in the authorized translation by Arthur Mitchell ; with a foreword by Irwin Edman.
96. Bird, R.J., Chaos and life : complexity and order in evolution and thought. 2003, New York: Columbia University Press Richard J. Bird. main themes: Biology Philosophy.
99. Birman, J. and University of Western Australia. Extension Service., Australia, towards a post-industrial society. 1977, [Perth, W.A.]: Extension Service, University of Western Australia. 80 p. [edited by John Birman].
100. Bittar, E.E., Evolutionary biology. Fundamentals of medical cell biology ; v. 1. 1991, Greenwich, Conn.: JAI Press. xi, 333 p. edited by E. Edward Bittar.
101. BjŤork, R., Contemplating evolution and doing politics : historical scholars and students in Sweden and in Hungary facing historical change, 1840-1920 : a symposium in Sigtuna, June 1989. 1993, Stockholm, Sweden: Kungl. Vitterhets Distributor, Almqvist & Wiksell International. 133 p. editor, Ragnar BjŤork.
102. Blackman, W.F., The making of Hawaii : a study in social evolution. 1977, New York: AMS Press. xii, 266 p. by William Fremont Blackman.
103. Blanco, C., Venezuela. Comisi‚on Presidencial para la Reforma del Estado., and United Nations Development Programme., Venezuela, del siglo XX al siglo XXI : un proyecto para constuirla. 1. ed. Serie Venezuela, la reforma del futuro. 1993, Caracas, Venezuela: COPRE : PNUD : Editorial Nueva Sociedad. 478 p."Useful collection of articles by prominent policy analysts, most of them Venezuelan. Focuses on issues pertaining to Venezuela's contemporary sociopolitical life, including historical evolution, political parties, the role of the State, domestic politics, and international relations. Article by Capriles contains an interesting typology of political corruption"--Handbook of Latin American Studies, v. 57. Carlos Blanco (coordinador).
104. Blei, I. and G.G. Odian, Organic and biochemistry : connecting chemistry to your life. 1999, New York: W.H. Freeman Ira Blei, George Odian.
106. Bliss, R.B., Origins : two models : evolution, creation. 1976, San Diego: Creation-Life Publishers. viii, 59 p. Richard B. Bliss ; consulting editors, Duane T. Gish, John N. Moore.
107. Bliss, R.B., G. Parker, and D.T. Gish, In search of the ... origin of life : evolution, creation. 1979, San Diego: Creation-Life Publishers. viii, 51 p.A textbook which analyzes two theories of the origin of life and presents arguments supporting each one. Richard B. Bliss and Gary E. Parker ; consulting editor Duane T. Gish.
108. Bliss, R.B. and D.W. Unfred, Origins : creation or evolution. 1988, El Cajon, CA: Master Books. 78 p. Richard B. Bliss ; consulting editor, David W. Unfred.
109. Boaz, N.T., Evolving health : the origins of illness and how the modern world is making us sick. 2002, New York: Wiley. vi, 250 p. Noel T. Boaz.
112. Boncinelli, E., Le forme della vita. 2000, Torino: Einaudi. viii, 191 p. Edoardo Boncinelli.
113. Bondi, H., Frontiers of life. 1970, London,: Marshall Cavendish Books. 64 p. [edited by] Hermann Bondi [and others].
119. Boyer, R.F., Modern experimental biochemistry. 2nd ed. Benjamin/Cummings series in the life sciences and chemistry. 1993, Redwood City, Calif.: Benjamin/Cummings Pub. Co. xix, 555 p. Rodney F. Boyer.
122. Brain, P.F., et al., House mouse aggression : a model for understanding the evolution of social behaviour : proceedings of a course held at the International School of Medical Sciences, Ettore Majorana Centre for Scientific Culture, Italy, 10-15 September 1987. Ettore Majorana international life sciences series, v. 6. 1989, Chur, Switzerland ; New York: Harwood Academic Publishers. x, 339 p. edited by Paul F. Brain, Danilo Mainardi, Stefano Parmigiani.
126. Brussard, P.F., R.W. Allard, and Society for the Study of Evolution., Ecological genetics : the interface. 1979, New York: Springer-Verlag. x, 247 p. edited by Peter F. Brussard ; with contributions by R.W. Allard ... [et al.].
127. Bruton, M.N., Alternative life-history styles of animals. Perspectives in vertebrate science ; v. 6. 1989, Dordrecht ; Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers. xvii, 616 p.,  leaf of plates edited by Michael N. Bruton.
132. Burns, J. and M. DeVries, Partnering with parents in youth ministry. 2003, Ventura, Calif.: Gospel Light Jim Burns and Mike DeVries.
134. Burton, M., The life of fishes; a simple introduction to the way fishes live and behave, for younger readers [with] special reference and projects section. 1972, London, New York,: Macdonald and Co. 4-61 p.A general introduction to the evolution, physical characteristics, behavior, and habitat of fishes and such related topics as the food chain, pollution, and myths and legends about fish. editor Angela Littler, illustrators Malcolm McGregor [and others]
135. Burton, R. and M. Burton, Beginnings of life. Colour library of science. 1986, London: Orbis. 64 p.Explores how life starts for the multitude of living things on the earth. Robert & Maurice Burton.
136. Butler, J.A.V., The life process. 1970, London,: Allen & Unwin. 3-256 p., 16 plates. [by] J. A. V. Butler.
137. Butler, S. and R.A. Streatfeild, Essays on life, art, and science. 1970, Port Washington, N.Y.,: Kennikat Press. xi, 339 p. Edited by R. A. Streatfeild.
138. Buvet, R., L'origine des „etres vivants et des processus biologiques. 1974, Paris,: Masson. vii, 136 p. illus. 24 cm.
139. Buvet, R. and C. Ponnamperuma, Chemical evolution and the origin of life. Proceedings of the International Conference on the Origin of Life. Molecular evolution ; 1. 1971, Amsterdam,: North-Holland Pub. Cy. xi, 560 p. with illus. International Conference on the Origin of Life (3rd : 1970 : Pont-Ša-Mousson, France)
140. Bylinsky, G. and W. McLoughlin, Life in Darwin's universe : evolution and the cosmos. 1st ed. 1981, Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday. xiv, 238 p.,  leaves of plates Gene Bylinsky ; illustrated by Wayne McLoughlin.
141. Cabello, F.C., Biology of salmonella. 1993, New York: Plenum Press. xii, 470 p. edited by Felipe Cabello ... [et al.].
142. Cairns-Smith, A.G., Genetic takeover and the mineral origins of life. 1982, Cambridge ; New York: Cambridge University Press. ix, 477 p. A.G. Cairns-Smith.
143. Calvin, M., Chemical evolution: molecular evolution towards the origin of living systems on the earth and elsewhere. 1969, Oxford,: Clarendon P. ix, 278 p. 8 plates, illus. (incl. 8 col.), chart, facsims., map. 25 cm. main themes: Life Origin.
147. Campbell, B.G., Humankind emerging. 6th ed. 1992, New York, NY: HarperCollins. xvi, 568 p. Bernard G. Campbell.
148. Campbell, B.G. and J. Loy, Humankind emerging. 7th ed. 1996, New York, NY: HarperCollins College Publishers. xvii, 595 p. Bernard G. Campbell, James D. Loy, [editors].
150. Campbell, J.H., J.W. Schopf, and University of California Los Angeles. IGPP Center for the Study of Evolution and the Origin of Life., Creative evolution?!. 1994, Boston: Jones and Bartlett Publisher. xiii, 112 p. edited by John H. Campbell, J. William Schopf.
153. Carr, T.P., Discovering nutrition. 2003, Malden, Mass.: Blackwell Pub. vii, 214 p. Timothy Carr.
156. Castagnetta, L. and I. Nenci, Biology and biochemistry of normal and cancer cell growth : proceedings of a course held at the International School of Medical Sciences, Ettore Majorana Centre for Scientific Culture, Italy, 23-31 March 1987. Ettore Majorana international life sciences series, v. 5. 1988, Chur, Switzerland ; New York: Harwood Academic Publishers. xiii, 273 p. edited by L. Castagnetta and I. Nenci.
157. Castellani, A., I.F. Quercia, and North Atlantic Treaty Organization., Synchrotron radiation applied to biophysical and biochemical research : [lectures presented at the NATO Advanced Study Institute on Synchrotron Radiation Applied to Biophysical and Biochemical Research, held at Frascati, Rome, Italy, August 20-September l, l978]. NATO advanced study institutes series : Series A, Life sciences ; v. 25. 1979, New York: Plenum Press. xi, 390 p. Nato Advanced Study Institute on Synchrotron Radiation Applied to Biophysical and Biochemical Research, Frascati, 1978.
158. Cattabeni, F., S. Nicosia, and North Atlantic Treaty Organization., Principles and methods in receptor binding. NATO ASI series. Series A, Life sciences ; v. 72. 1984, New York: Published in cooperation with NATO Scientific Affairs Division [by] Plenum Press. viii, 267 p. NATO Advanced Study Institute on Principles and Methods in Receptor Binding (1982 : Urbino, Italy)
159. Chśon, P.-h., Sahoe chinhwaron kwa kukka sasang : ku Hanmal śul chungsim śuro. Chįopįan. ed. Hanul chśongchįihak kangjwa. 1996, Sśoul-si: Hanul. 214 p. Chśon Pok-hśui chiśum.
160. Chaisson, E., The life era : cosmic selection and conscious evolution. 1st ed. Evolutionary synthesis series. 1987, New York: Atlantic Monthly Press. vii, 259 p. Eric Chaisson ; illustration by Lola Judith Chaisson.
162. Chamberlin, J.E. and S.L. Gilman, Degeneration : the dark side of progress. 1985, New York: Columbia University Press. xiv, 303 p. edited by J. Edward Chamberlin and Sander L. Gilman.
163. Chambers, R.C. and E.A. Trippel, Early life history and recruitment in fish populations. 1st ed. 1997, London ; New York: Chapman & Hall. xxxii, 596 p. edited by R. Christopher Chambers and Edward A. Trippel.
164. Chandebois, R., Pour en finir avec le darwinisme : une nouvelle logique du vivant. Collection Espace science,. 1993, Montpellier, France: Editions Espaces 34. 268 p. Rosine Chandebois ; pr‚eface de Marco SchŤutzenberger.
171. Chess, S. and A. Thomas, Origins and evolution of behavior disorders : from infancy to early adult life. 1984, New York: Brunner/Mazel. xiii, 327 p. Stella Chess, Alexander Thomas.
174. Chiarelli, A.B., R.S. Corruccini, and International Primatological Society. Congress, Advanced views in primate biology : main lectures of the VIIIth Congress of the International Primatological Society, Florence, 7-12 July 1980. Proceedings in life sciences. 1982, Berlin ; New York: Springer-Verlag. viii, 266 p. edited by A.B. Chiarelli and R.S. Corruccini.
181. Clarke, J.F., Nineteenth century questions. 1972, Freeport, N.Y.,: Books for Libraries Press. 368 p. 23 cm.
183. Clergue, H., The salon; a study of French society and personalities in the eighteenth century. 1971, New York,: B. Franklin. xii, 359 p. illus. 19 cm.
184. Cloudsley-Thompson, J.L. and E. Duffey, Deserts and grasslands : the world's open spaces. 1976, Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday. 144, 144 p. col. ill. ; 27 cm.
185. Cloutier, C., et al., La Po‚esie de l'Hexagone : ‚evolution, signification, rayonnement : communications du colloque. 1990, Montr‚eal, Qu‚ebec: L'Hexagone. 241 p. organis‚e par le D‚epartement d'‚etudes franūcaises de l'Universit‚e de Toronto et tenu Ša l'Universit‚e de Toronto du 26 au 28 octobre 1979 ; ‚edition pr‚epar‚ee par C‚ecile Cloutier et Ben Shek ; [textes de] Alexandre L. Amprimoz ... [et al.].
186. Coblence, J.-M. and P. Deubelbeiss, The earliest cities. 1987, Morristown, N.J.: Silver Burdett. 77 p.Discusses the evolution of cities and their importance as centers of civilization and progress, especially in the arts, government, and a new means of communication--writing. Jean-Michel Coblence ; illustrations by Patrick Deubelbeiss ; translation by Anthea Ridett.
187. Cogoli, A., European Space Agency., and Deutsche Agentur fŤur Raumfahrtangelegenheiten., Life sciences experiments performed on sounding rockets (1985-1994) : Texus 11-32, Maser 3-6, Maxus 1. 1997, Noordwijk, the Netherlands: ESA Publications Division. iv, 117 p. A. Cogoli ... [et al.].
188. Cohen, J.H., R. L. Stine. 2000, San Diego, CA: Lucent Books. 96 p.The life of best-selling young adult horror author R.L. Stine including his childhood, the evolution of his writing career, and his popularity with both boys and girls. by Joel H. Cohen.
190. Collins, J.C., The matrix of life : a view of natural molecules from the perspective of environmental water. 1991, East Greenbush, N.Y.: Molecular Presentations. 100 p. J.C. Collins.
191. Colodny, R.G. and L.J. Savage, Logic, laws, & life : some philosophical complications. 1977, Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press. xiv, 258 p. editor, Robert G. Colodny ; Leonard J. Savage ... [et al.].
192. Colton, A.R., The archetypal kingdom. 1st ed. 1988, Glendale, Calif.: A.R. Colton Foundation. x, 454 p. by Ann Ree Colton.
193. Conel, J.L., Life as revealed by the microscope; an interpretation of evolution. 1970, New York,: Philosophical Library. 93 p. by J. LeRoy Conel.
196. Continenza, B. and E. Gagliasso, L'informazione nelle scienze della vita. 1998, Milano: FrancoAngeli. 190 p. a cura di Barbara Continenza, Elena Gagliasso ; scritti di Auletta ... [et al.].
197. Cook, D., Darwin. Great names. 2003, Philadelphia: Mason Crest Publishers. 1 v. (unpaged).A biography of the nineteenth-century English naturalist whose study trips, on which he documented the diversity of animal life, led him to develop theories about evolution and natural selection. [Diane Cook].
198. Cooper, H.S.F., The search for life on Mars : evolution of an idea. 1st ed. 1980, New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston. ix, 254 p. Henry S. F. Cooper, Jr.
200. Cord‚on, F., Origen, naturaleza y evoluci‚on del protoplasma. 1977, [Madrid]: Ediciones Alfaguara. xxxix, 664 p. Faustino Cord‚on.
201. Corliss, W.R., Incredible life : a handbook of biological mysteries. 1981, Glen Arm, MD: Sourcebook Project. vi, 1018 p. compiled by William R. Corliss ; illustrated by John C. Holden.
202. Cornish-Bowden, A., M.L. C‚ardenas, and North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Scientific Affairs Division., Control of metabolic processes. NATO ASI series. Series A, Life sciences ; v. 190. 1990, New York: Plenum Press. xiii, 454 p. NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Control of Metabolic Processes (1989 : Lucca, Italy)
203. Corrick, J.A., Recent revolutions in biology. A Science impact book. 1987, New York: F. Watts. 127 p.Surveys new theories, discoveries, and realms of inquiry in biology, discussing evolution, gene therapy, genetic engineering, life on other planets, and other topics. James A. Corrick.
204. Coursault, R., Les traditions populaires en Touraine : leur ‚evolution au cours des siŠecles. Contributions au folklore des provinces de France ; t. 14. 1976, Paris: G. P. Maissonneuve et Larose. 208 p. Ren‚e Coursault.
205. Cousteau, J.Y., The adventure of life. 1973, New York: World Pub. 144 p. [Jacques Yves Cousteau].
207. CRM Books (Firm), Biology: an appreciation of life. 1972, Del Mar, Calif.,: CRM Books. x, 373 p. illus. 29 cm. main themes: Biology.
209. Culver, D.C., Cave life : evolution and ecology. 1982, Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press. viii, 189 p. David C. Culver.
210. Cundall, R.B., R.E. Dale, and North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Scientific Affairs Division., Time-resolved fluorescence spectroscopy in biochemistry and biology. NATO advanced science institutes series. Series A, Life sciences ; v. 69. 1983, New York: Plenum. xiv, 785 p. NATO Advanced Study Institute on Time-Resolved Fluorescence Spectroscopy in Biochemistry and Biology (1980 : St. Andrews, Scotland)
215. Darwin, C., The origin of species by means of natural selection, or, The preservation of favored races in the struggle for life. Modern Library ed. 1993, New York: Modern Library. xvi, 689 p. Charles Darwin.
216. Darwin, C., The origin of species by means of natural selection, or, The preservation of favored races in the struggle for life. 1998 Modern Library ed. 1998, New York: Modern Library. xvi, 689 p. Charles Darwin.
217. Daskarolis, G.P., San Francisco's Greek colony : the evolution of an ethnic community. 1995, Minneapolis, Minn.: Light and Life Pub. 184 p. George P. Daskarolis.
220. Davis, P.W., D.H. Kenyon, and C.B. Thaxton, Of pandas and people : the central question of biological origins. 2nd ed. 1993, Dallas, TX: Haughton Pub. Co. ix, 170 p. Percival Davis, Dean H. Kenyon ; Charles B. Thaxton, academic editor.
222. Davis, T.D. and B.E. Haissig, Biology of adventitious root formation. Basic life sciences ; v. 62. 1994, New York: Plenum Press. xiv, 343 p. edited by Tim D. Davis and Bruce E. Haissig.
223. Dawkins, R., River out of eden : a Darwinian view of life. Science masters series. 1995, New York, NY: Basic Books. xiii, 172 p. Richard Dawkins ; illustrations by Lalla Ward.
224. Day, S.B., A Companion to the life sciences. 1979, New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold. v. edited by Stacey B. Day.
225. De Duve, C., Vital dust : life as a cosmic imperative. 1995, New York: Basic Books. xix, 362 p. Christian de Duve.
227. De Loof, A., Communication, life, mega-evolution : decrypting life's nature. 2002, Leuven: Leuven University Press. 346 p. Arnold de Loof.
228. Deamer, D.W. and G.R. Fleischaker, Origins of life : the central concepts. 1994, Boston: Jones and Bartlett Publishers. xvi, 431 p. [edited by] David W. Deamer, Gail R. Fleischaker.
229. Dean, A., Complex life : nonmodernity and the emergence of cognition and culture. 2000, Aldershot, Hants, England ; Brookfield, Vt.: Ashgate. vi, 149 p. Alan Dean.
230. Degn, H., et al., Chaos in biological systems. 1987, New York: Plenum Press. xi, 323 p. NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Chaos in Biological Systems (1986 : Cardiff, Wales)
232. Denke, A. and E. Elstner, Different pathways through life : biochemical aspects of plant biology and medicine : in honor to [sic] Prof. Erich F. Elstner on the occasion of his 60th birthday. LINCOM studies in biochemistry ; 02. 1999, Muenchen: Lincom Europa. 485 p. Andrea Denke ... [et al.] (eds.).
233. Dennett, D.C., Darwin's dangerous idea : evolution and the meanings of life. 1995, New York: Simon & Schuster. 586 p. Daniel C. Dennett.
235. DeRousseau, C.J. and Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research., Primate life history and evolution. Monographs in primatology ; v. 14. 1990, New York, NY: Wiley-Liss. x, 366 p. editor, C. Jean DeRousseau.
243. Diagram Group., M. Cartwright, and T. Dowley, Spaceship earth : its voyage through time. 1980, New York: Hearst Books. 59 p.Brief text and numerous illustrations trace the evolution of life on Earth from the earliest times through the present and into the future. by the Diagram Group ; [editors, Maureen Cartwright, Tim Dowley].
244. Dickerson, R.E. and I. Geis, Hemoglobin : structure, function, evolution, and pathology. The Benjamin/Cummings series in the life sciences. 1983, Menlo Park, Calif.: Benjamin/Cummings Pub. Co. 176 p. Richard E. Dickerson, Irving Geis.
245. Dillon, L.S., The genetic mechanism and the origin of life. 1978, New York: Plenum Press. viii, 563 p. Lawrence S. Dillon.
246. Dingle, H., Evolution of insect migration and diapause. 1978, New York: Springer-Verlag. xvi, 284 p. edited by Hugh Dingle ; with contributions by H. Dingle ... [et al.].
247. Dingle, H., J.P. Hegmann, and University of Iowa. Program in Evolutionary Ecology and Behavior., Evolution and genetics of life histories. Proceedings in life sciences. 1982, New York: Springer-Verlag. xii, 250 p. edited by Hugh Dingle and Joseph P. Hegmann with contributions by J. Antonovics ... [et al.].
248. Ditfurth, H.v., The origins of life : evolution as creation. 1st ed. 1982, San Francisco: Harper & Row. xv, 279 p. Hoimar v. Ditfurth ; translated by Peter Heinegg.
249. Dixon, D., P. Dodson, and J. Myers, Dougal Dixon's dinosaurs. 2nd ed. 1998, Honesdale, Pa.: Boyds Mills Press. 160 p.The life and times of dinosaurs, from their evolution to the present-day discovery of their fossils. by Dougal Dixon ; [consultant, Peter Dodson ; editor, Jack Myers].
251. Dose, K. and A.I. Oparin, The Origin of life and evolutionary biochemistry. 1974, New York,: Plenum Press. viii, 476 p. Edited by K. Dose [and others]
252. Dose, K. and H. Rauchfuss, Chemische Evolution und der Ursprung lebender Systeme. 1975, Stuttgart: Wissenschaftliche Verlagsgesellschaft. xi, 217 p. von Klaus Dose u. Horst Rauchfuss.
254. Dozier, R.W., Codes of evolution : the synaptic language revealing the secrets of matter, life, and thought. 1st ed. 1992, New York: Crown Publishers. x, 294 p. Rush W. Dozier, Jr.
255. Duncan Millar, A., A countryman's cog in the wheel of evolution. 1990, Coupar Angus, Perthshire [Scotland]: Culross. viii, 190 p. by Alastair Duncan Millar.
256. Dyson, G., Darwin among the machines : the evolution of global intelligence. 1997, Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley Pub. Co. xii, 286 p. George B. Dyson.
257. Dyson, G., Darwin among the machines : the evolution of global intelligence. 1998, Reading, MA: Perseus Books. xiv, 286 p. George B. Dyson.
258. Eccles, J.C., The human mystery. Gifford lectures ; 1977-1978. 1979, Berlin ; New York: Springer-Verlag. xvi, 255 p. John C. Eccles.
260. Ehrenfreund, P. and European Space Agency., Exo-/astro-biology : proceedings of the first European workshop, 21-23 May 2001, ESRIN, Frascati, Italy. 2001, Noordwijk: ESA Publications Division. xxiii, 444 p. [editors, P. Ehrenfreund, O. Angerer & B. Battrick].
261. Eigen, M. and R. Winkler, Steps towards life : a perspective on evolution. 1992, Oxford ; New York: Oxford University Press. xii, 173 p. by Manfred Eigen with Ruthild Winkler-Oswatitsch ; translation by Paul Woolley.
264. Eisenfeld, J., C. Delisi, and International Association for Mathematics and Computers in Simulation. Technical Committee TC-5., Mathematics and computers in biomedical applications. 1985, Amsterdam ; New York
269. Embree, H.D., H.J. DeBey, and A.L. Williams, Introduction to the chemistry of life. 2d ed. 1975, Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley Pub. Co. xiv, 275-769 p. Harland D. Embree, Harold J. DeBey.
273. English, N., Cosmic puberty : from atoms to consciousness. 1999, Cambridge [England]: Lutterworth Press. 140 p. Neil English.
274. Ennos, A.R. and E. Sheffield, Plant life. 2000, Oxford ; Malden, MA: Blackwell Science. ix, 217 p. Roland Ennos and Elizabeth Sheffield.
276. Esaki, R., Two public lectures. LKY distinguished visitor public lecture series. 1994, Singapore: University Liaison Office, National University of Singapore. v, 19 p. delivered by Leo Esaki.
277. Eugenics Society (London England). Symposium (24th : 1987 : London England), et al., Evolutionary studies : a centenary celebration of the life of Julian Huxley : proceedings of the twenty-fourth annual symposium of the Eugenics Society, London, 1987. Studies in biology, economy, and society. 1989, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire
279. European Southern Observatory., Evolution in the universe : symposium held on the occasion of the inauguration of the ESO headquarters building in Garching on 5 May 1981 : 5-6 May 1981. 1982, Garching bei MŤunchen, Federal Republic of Germany: European Southern Observatory. 122 p. ill. ; 25 cm.
280. Evans, I., Biology. Franklin Watts science world. 1984, New York: F. Watts. 37 p.Introduces the science of living things, examining the characteristics, reproduction, growth, heredity, evolution, and life cycles of plants and animals. Ifor Evans.
282. F„ani, M. and A. SŤuslŤu, Paris ŤUniversitesi hukuk doktoru, Osmaniye (Cebel-i Bereket) eski mutasarrłfł Mesud F„ani (Bilgili)'ye gŤore KŤurtler ve sosyal geliūsimleri. 1. baskł. ed. 1993, Ankara: Tanmak Yayłnlarł. vii, 108 p. Mesud F„ani (Bilgili), [hazłrlayan] Azmi SŤuslŤu.
284. Farago, P.J. and J. Lagnado, Life in action: an introduction to biochemistry. 1972, London,: Heinemann Educational. vii, 256 p. [by] Peter Farago and John Lagnado.
285. Farago, P.J. and J. Lagnado, Life in action; biochemistry explained. [1st American ed. 1972, New York,: Knopf. vi, 258 p. [by] Peter Farago and John Lagnado.
286. Farago, P.J. and J. Lagnado, Life in action; biochemistry explained. 1973, New York,: Vintage Books. vi, 258 p. [by] Peter Farago and John Lagnado.
288. Feigl, D.M. and J.W. Hill, General, organic, and biological chemistry : foundations of life. 1983, Minneapolis, Minn.: Burgess Pub. Co. xiv, 383 p. Dorothy M. Feigl, John W. Hill.
289. Feigl, D.M. and J.W. Hill, General, organic, and biological chemistry : foundations of life. 2nd ed. 1986, Edina, MN: Burgess Pub. xvi, 589 p. Dorothy M. Feigl, John W. Hill.
290. Feigl, D.M., J.W. Hill, and E. Boschmann, Foundations of life : an introduction to general, organic, and biological chemistry. 3rd ed. 1991, New York
291. Feil, D.K., The evolution of highland Papua New Guinea societies. 1987, Cambridge [Cambridgeshire] ; New York: Cambridge University Press. xii, 313 p. D.K. Feil.
296. Fisher, P.J., The universe, life and man. 1970, London,: Heinemann. xviii, 283 p. by P. J. Fisher; illustrations by G. Hartfield, Ltd.
297. Flichman, E.H. and H. Abeledo, Las ra‚ices y los frutos : temas de filosof‚ia de la ciencia. 1a. ed. 1998, [Buenos Aires, Argentina]: Eudeba, Ciclo B‚asico Com‚un, Universidad de Buenos Aires. 297 p. editores, Eduardo H. Flichman ... [et al.] ; autores, Horacio Abeledo ... [et al.].
299. Foreman, R.E. and North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Scientific Affairs Division., Evolutionary biology of primitive fishes. NATO ASI series. Series A, Life sciences; v. 103. 1985, New York: Pleum Press. viii, 463 p. NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Evolutionary Biology of Primitive Fishes (1985 : Bamfield, B.C.)
300. Formby, C., Tristan's bedtime story. 1996, Lewiston, NY: Child's Play.Granny's bedtime story for little volcano Tristan tells him what the world was like when it was young and the earliest creatures were making a new life on land. written and illustrated by Caroline Formby. main themes: Prehistoric animals Fiction.
301. Forney, L.W., Chemical principles for life. 1978, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall. xv, 574 p. Lois W. Forney.
302. Fortey, R.A., Life : a natural history of the first four billion years of life on earth. 1st American ed. 1998, New York: Alfred A. Knopf. xiii, 346 p. Richard Fortey.
303. Fortey, R.A., Life : an unauthorised biography : a natural history of the first four thousand million years of life on Earth. 1998, Hammersmith, London: Flamingo. xiv, 398 p. Richard Fortey.
307. Fox, S.W., The emergence of life : Darwinian evolution from the inside. 1988, New York: Basic Books. ix, 208 p. Sidney Fox.
308. Fox, S.W. and K. Dose, Molecular evolution and the origin of life. 1972, San Francisco,: W. H. Freeman. xi, 359 p. [by] Sidney W. Fox [and] Klaus Dose. With a foreword by A. Oparin.
309. Fox, S.W. and K. Dose, Molecular evolution and the origin of life. Rev. ed. Biology ; v. 2. 1977, New York: M. Dekker. xv, 370 p.,  leaf of plates Sidney W. Fox, Klaus Dose ; with a foreword by A. Oparin.
310. Frankel, E. and E.M. Paulton, Ferns, a natural history. 1st ed. 1981, Brattleboro, Vt.: S. Greene Press. xiii, 264 p.Discusses fern structures, life cycles, classification, folklore, evolution, and ecology, and instructs the gardener on outdoor and indoor cultivation of ferns. by Edward Frankel ; illustrated by Edgar M. Paulton.
311. Fraser, G.S., Clastic depositional sequences : processes of evolution and principles of interpretation. Prentice Hall advanced references series. Physical and life sciences. 1989, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice Hall. xiii, 459 p. Gordon S. Fraser.
312. Fraser, J.T., The genesis and evolution of time : a critique of interpretation in physics. 1982, Amherst: University of Massachusetts Press. 205 p. J.T. Fraser.
313. Friday, A.E. and D.S. Ingram, The Cambridge encyclopedia of life sciences. 1985, Cambridge [Cambridgeshire] ; New York: Cambridge University Press. 432 p. general editors, Adrian Friday, David S. Ingram.
315. Fruton, J.S., Molecules and life; historical essays on the interplay of chemistry and biology. 1972, New York,: Wiley-Interscience. x, 579 p. [by] Joseph S. Fruton.
317. G‚anti, T., A theory of biochemical supersystems and its application to problems of natural and artificial biogenesis. 1979, Baltimore: University Park Press. 135 p. Tibor G‚anti ; [translated by Ilona Koch].
319. Galaktionov, K.V. and A.A. Dobrovolßskiśi, Proiskhozhdenie i ÁevolŽižuŽtžsiŽiža zhiznennykh Žtžsiklov trematod. 1998, Sankt-Peterburg: Nauka. 401 p. K.V. Galaktionov, A.A. Dobrovolßskiśi.
321. Gale, R.A. and R. Gibson, Prehistoric life. 1977, Harmondsworth ; New York [etc.]: Puffin Books. 32 p.Discusses the development of life on earth from plants with one cell to the ancestors of man. written by Ramona-Ann Gale ; illustrated by Robert Gibson.
322. Gallant, R.A., How life began : creation versus evolution. 1975, New York: Four Winds Press. viii, 214 p.Surveys various myths and scientific hypotheses concerning the origin of the physical universe and of life on the planet Earth. Roy A. Gallant.
323. Gallant, R.A., The origins of life. Story of science. 2001, Tarrytown, NY: Benchmark Books. 80 p.Explores the many different myths, theories, and experiments which explain the origin of life, including spontaneous generation, the development of planets, chemical evolution of matter, and the various places in the solar system where life exists or may exist. by Roy A. Gallant.
324. Gamlin, L., Evolution. 1st American ed. Eyewitness science. 1993, London ; New York
325. Gamlin, L., A. Khan, and Ron Hayward Associates., Origins of life. 1988, New York: Gloucester Press. 36 p. Linda Gamlin ; [illustrated by Ron Hayward Associates and Aziz A. Khan].
326. Gamlin, L. and G. Vines, The Evolution of life. 1987, New York: Oxford University Press. 248,  p. edited by Linda Gamlin and Gail Vines.
327. Garassino, A., Life : origins and evolution. 1995, Austin, Tex.: Raintree Steck-Vaughn. 45 p. by Alessandro Garassino ; English translation by Rocco Serini.
328. Garc‚ia-Guti‚errez, C., Luces y voces del desierto chihuahuense. 2001, Chihuahua: Grupos Cementos de Chihuahua. 175 p.A photographic study of the Chihuahua desert, with a good balance of photographic and textual material. Includes forest life, the evolution of water resources, plant life, insects, amphibians, reptiles and the fragile desert ecology. Carlos Garc‚ia-Guti‚errez ... [et al.] ; coordinaci‚on editorial: Jaime Bai Wuest ; fotograf‚ia: Ignacio Guerrero Olivares ... [et al.].
330. Gatland, K.W. and D.D. Dempster, The frontiers of knowledge. 1974, London: Wingate. 228 p.,  p. of plates Kenneth W. Gatland, with contributions by Derek D. Dempster ; and a foreword by Patrick Moore.
333. Geist, V., Life strategies, human evolution, environmental design : toward a biological theory of health. 1978, New York: Springer-Verlag. xxi, 495 p. Valerius Geist.
335. Genet, R., The chimpanzees who would be ants : the evolutionary epic of humanity. 1997, Commack, NY: Nova Science Publications. xiv, 184 p. Russell Merle Genet.
337. Georgescu-Roegen, N., et al., Evolution, welfare, and time in economics : essays in honor of Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen. 1976, Lexington, Mass.: Lexington Books. xi, 183 p. edited by Anthony M. Tang, Fred M. Westfield, James S. Worley.
339. Ghiselin, M.T., et al., Biology as history : papers from international conferences sponsored by the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco and the Museo di Storia Nautrale in Milan. No. 2, New perspectives on the history of life : essays on systematic biology as historical narrative (San Francisco, 21-23 June 1994). 1996, San Francisco, Calif.: California Academy of Sciences. vii, 107 p. edited by Michael T. Ghselin, and Giovanni Pinna.
340. Ghose, A., The future evolution of man; the divine life upon earth. 1974, Wheaton, Ill.,: Theosophical Pub. House. 157 p. [by] Sri Aurobindo. Compiled with a summary and notes by P. B. Saint-Hilaire.
342. Gilbert, F.S., Insect life cycles : genetics, evolution, and co-ordination. 1990, London ; New York: Springer-Verlag. xiv, 258 p. Francis Gilbert (ed.).
347. Giret, R., Teilhard aujourd'hui : propose un projet qui donne un sens Ša notre vie. Collection Science et spiritualit‚e avec Teilhard de Chardin. 1996, Saint-Etienne: Aubin. 169,  p. Raoul Giret.
348. Gish, D.T., Evidence against evolution. 1972, Wheaton, Ill.,: Tyndale House Publishers. 64 p. [by] Duane T. Gish.
350. Gish, D.T., Evolution : the challenge of the fossil record. 1985, El Cajon, Calif.: Creation-Life Publishers, Master Book Division. 277 p. Duane T. Gish.
351. Gish, D.T., D.H. Rohrer, and Institute for Creation Research., Up with creation! : ICR acts/facts/impacts, 1976-1977. 1978, San Diego: Creation-Life Publishers. 341 p. edited by Duane T. Gish and Donald H. Rohrer.
353. Gladyshev, G.P., Thermodynamic theory of the evolution of living beings. 1997, Commack, N.Y.: Nova Science Publishers. 142 p. G.P. Gladyshev.
354. Glaessner, M.F., The dawn of animal life : a biohistorical study. Cambridge earth science series. 1984, Cambridge ; New York: Cambridge University Press. xi, 244 p. Martin F. Glaessner.
355. Gopi, K., The divine possibilities in man. 1993, New Delhi: UBS Publishers' Distributors. xiv, 118 p. Gopi Krishna.
357. Gould, J.L. and C.G. Gould, Life at the edge : readings from Scientific American magazine. 1989, New York: Freeman. ix, 162 p. edited by James L. Gould, Carol Grant Gould.
358. Gould, S.J., The Book of life. 1993, New York: W.W. Norton. 256 p. general editor, Stephen Jay Gould ; contributing scientists and illustrators, Peter Andrews ... [et al.].
360. Granet, M., La civilisation chinoise : la vie publique et la vie priv‚ee. Ed. du 15 mars 1988 / ed. 1988, Paris: Editions Albin Michel. 503 p. Marcel Granet.
361. Grant Watson, E.L., The mystery of physical life. 1992, New York: Lindisfarne Press. 210 p. E.L. Grant Watson ; with a preface by Owen Barfield and a foreword by Ralph Twentyman ; illustrated by Charles Tunnicliffe.
362. Greene, C. and J.J. Floherty, Our living earth : the origin and ecology of our planet. 1974, Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill. 94 p.Traces the evolution of life on our planet and discusses the development of environmental problems and some solutions to them. [Carla Greene] ; illustrated by John Floherty, Jr.
363. Greene, J.P., R. Brana-Shute, and R.J. Sparks, Money, trade, and power : the evolution of colonial South Carolina's plantation society. The Carolina lowcountry and the Atlantic world. 2001, Columbia: University of South Carolina Press. xiii, 399 p. edited by Jack P. Greene, Rosemary Brana-Shute, and Randy J. Sparks.
364. Greenspan, R.J. and C. Kyriacou, Flexibility and constraint in behavioral systems : report of the Dahlem Workshop on Flexibility and Constraint in Behavioral Systems, Berlin 1993, May 9-14. Dahlem workshop reports. 1994, Chichester ; New York: J. Wiley & Sons. xvi, 317 p. Dahlem Workshop on Flexibility and Constraint in Behavioral Systems (1993 : Berlin, Germany)
365. Greenstein, J.S., Contemporary readings in biology. 1972, New York,: MSS Information Corp. 174 p. edited by Julius S. Greenstein.
367. Greulach, V.A. and V.J. Chiappetta, Biology : the science of life. 1977, Morristown, N.J.: General Learning Press. xv, 559 p.A textbook whose five main sections are organized around major life functions and the structures that serve them. consulting editors, Victor A. Greulach, Vincent J. Chiappetta ; critical readers, Frank Bushnell ... [et al.].
368. Gribbin, J.R., The strangest star : a scientific account of the life and death of the sun. 1980, London: Athlone Press. 184 p. John Gribbin.
369. Gribbin, J.R., In search of the double helix : quantum physics and life. 1985, New York: McGraw-Hill. 369 p. John Gribbin.
373. Grossinger, R., Embryogenesis : species, gender, and identity. 2000, Berkeley, Calif.: North Atlantic Books. xx, 929 p. Richard Grossinger.
374. Gruber, J.W., A conscience in conflict : the life of St. George Jackson Mivart. 1980, Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press. x, 266 p. by Jacob W. Gruber.
375. Grunberg-Manago, M., et al., Evolutionary tinkering in gene expression. NATO ASI series. Series A, Life sciences ; v. 169. 1989, New York: Plenum Press. x, 275 p. NATO/FEBS Advanced Research Workshop on Evolutionary Tinkering in Gene Expression (1988 : Spetsai, Greece)
378. Gutina, V.N., V.V. Kuzßmin, and V.I. Golßdanskiśi, TeoriŽiža molekulŽižarnośi dissimmetrii L. Pastera : istoriŽiža i sovremennostß. 1990, Moskva: "Nauka". 214 p. V.N. Gutina, V.V. Kuzßmin ; otvetstvennyśi redaktor V.I. Golßdanskiśi.
379. Haddon, A.C., Evolution in art : as illustrated by the life-histories of designs. 1st AMS ed. 1979, New York: AMS Press. xviii, 364 p. by Alfred C. Haddon.
380. H‚ebert, P. and M. Baszczynski, Le journal intime au Qu‚ebec : structure, ‚evolution, r‚eception. 1988, [Montr‚eal, Qu‚ebec]: Editions Fides. 209 p. Pierre H‚ebert, avec la collaboration de Marilyn Baszczynski.
382. Halevy, M., The evolution of medieval drama : from the life to come to recorded time. 1974, London
384. Halvorson, H.O. and K.E. Van Holde, The Origins of life and evolution : proceedings of a symposium held at the Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, Massachusetts. MBL lectures in biology ; v. 1. 1980, New York: A.R. Liss. xiv, 126 p. editors, Harlyn O. Halvorson, K. E. Van Holde.
386. Hampton, C.H., Classroom creature culture : algae to anoles : a collection from the columns of Science and children. 1986, Washington, D.C.: National Science Teachers Association. 76 p. by Carolyn H. Hampton ... [et al.].
388. Hanmer, T.J., The advancing frontier. Issues in American history. 1986, New York: F. Watts. 144 p.Traces the history of westward expansion in the United States discussing the evolution of the popular idea of an unlimited frontier and its influence on American thought. Trudy J. Hanmer.
395. Hawkey, R., C. Kondeatis, and British Museum (Natural History), Evolution, the story of the origins of humankind : a three-dimensional book. 1986, London: M. Joseph.Pop-up illustrations present the evolution of mankind from the earliest animal in the earliest days of life on Earth. Raymond Hawkey ; produced in collaboration with The British Museum (Natural History) ; Associate Designer Christos Kondeatis.
396. Hayes, H., Three levels of time. 1st ed. 1981, New York: Dutton. xvii, 236 p. Harold T.P. Hayes.
397. Head, J.J., Readings in genetics and evolution; a collection of Oxford biology readers. 1973, [London,: Oxford University Press. 1 v. (various pagings) Foreword by J. J. Head.
398. Hecht, M.K., P.C. Goody, and B.M. Hecht, Major patterns in vertebrate evolution : [lectures]. Nato advanced study institutes series : Series A, Life sciences ; v. 14. 1977, New York: Plenum Press. ix, 908 p. NATO Advanced Study Institute on Major Patterns in Vertebrate Evolution (1976 : Royal Holloway College)
400. Heinrich, B., Racing the antelope : what animals can teach us about running and life. 1st ed. 2001, New York: HarperCollins. xii, 292 p. Bernd Heinrich.
401. Herberich-Marx, G., Evolution d'une sensibilit‚e religieuse : t‚emoignages scripturaires et iconographiques de pŠelerinages alsaciens. 1991, [Strasbourg]: Presses universitaires de Strasbourg. 312 p. GeneviŠeve Herberich-Marx ; pr‚eface de Freddy Raphael.
404. Hill, J. and M. Swan, The community, the family, and the saint : patterns of power in early medieval Europe : selected proceedings of the International Medieval Congress, University of Leeds, 4-7 July 1994, 10-13 July 1995. 1998, Turnhout [Belgium]: Brepols. xvi, 427 p. International Medieval Congress (1994-1995 : University of Leeds)
406. Hill, J.W. and D.M. Feigl, Chemistry and life : an introduction to general, organic, and biological chemistry. 2nd ed. 1983, Minneapolis, Minn.: Burgess Pub. Co. xxii, 773 p. John W. Hill, Dorothy M. Feigl.
407. Hill, J.W. and D.M. Feigl, Chemistry and life : an introduction to general, organic, and biological chemistry. 3rd ed. 1987, New York
408. Hill, J.W., D.M. Feigl, and S.J. Baum, Chemistry and life : an introduction to general, organic, and biological chemistry. 4th ed. 1993, New York
409. Hill, R. and J. Needham, The Chemistry of life; eight lectures on the history of biochemistry. 1970, Cambridge [Eng.]: University Press. xxix, 213 p. by Robert Hill [and others]. Edited with and introduction by Joseph Needham.
410. Hinchliffe, J.R., et al., Developmental patterning of the vertebrate limb. NATO ASI series. Series A, Life sciences ; v. 205. 1991, New York: Plenum Press. xi, 452 p. NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Developmental Patterning of the Vertebrate Limb (1990 : Santander, Spain)
411. Hoagland, M.B., The roots of life : a layman's guide to genes, evolution, and the ways of cells. 1978, Boston: Houghton-Mifflin. ix, 162 p. Mahlon B. Hoagland.
412. Hodgson, G.M., Economics and evolution : bringing life back into economics. Economics, cognition, and society. 1993, Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press. xi, 381 p. Geoffrey M. Hodgson.
413. Hollaender, A., Basic biology of new developments in biotechnology. Basic life sciences ; v. 25. 1983, New York: Plenum Press. x, 579 p. edited by Alexander Hollaender ... [et al.].
417. HolubeŽtžsß, M.A., Plivka ŽzžhyttŽiža. 1997, Lßviv: Vyd-vo "Polli". 185 p. M.A. HolubeŽtžsß.
418. Holum, J.R., Elements of general and biological chemistry; an introduction to the molecular basis of life. 3d ed. 1971, New York,: Wiley-Interscience. xi, 578 p. [by] John R. Holum.
419. Horn, M.H., K.L.M. Martin, and M.A. Chotkowski, Intertidal fishes : life in two worlds. 1999, San Diego: Academic Press. xiv, 399 p. edited by Michael H. Horn, Karen L.M. Martin, Michael A. Chotkowski.
421. House, M.R., J.R. Senior, and Systematics Association., The Ammonoidea : the evolution, classification, mode of life, and geological usefulness of a major fossil group. 1980, London ; New York: Published for the Systematics Association by Academic Press. xiv, 593 p. edited by M. R. House and J. R. Senior.
422. Hoyle, F., Evolution from space (the Omni lecture) and other papers on the origin of life. 1982, Hillside, N.J.: Enslow Publishers. 80 p. Fred Hoyle.
423. Hoyle, F. and N.C. Wickramasinghe, Evolution from space. 1981, London: Dent. 208 p. Fred Hoyle, Chandra Wickramasinghe.
424. Hoyle, F. and N.C. Wickramasinghe, Evolution from space : a theory of cosmic creationism. 1982, New York: Simon and Schuster. xii, 176 p. Sir Fred Hoyle, N.C. Wickramasinghe.
425. Hoyle, F. and N.C. Wickramasinghe, Our place in the cosmos : the unfinished revolution. 1993, London: J.M. Dent. viii, 190 p. Fred Hoyle and Chandra Wickramasinghe.
427. Huseboe, A.R., S. Looney, and Nordland Heritage Foundation., Growing up in Siouxland : the lives of children on the prairie frontier. The Nordland Heritage Foundation series. 1989, Sioux Falls, S.D.: Nordland Heritage Foundation. 74 p. Arthur R. Huseboe, Sandra Looney, editors.
428. Huxley, J., The wonderful world of evolution. 1969, London,: Macdonald & Co. 96 p. [by] Julian Huxley.
430. Hwang, N.H.C., et al., Advances in cardiovascular engineering. NATO ASI series. Series A, Life sciences ; v. 235. 1992, New York: Plenum Press. viii, 443 p. edited by Ned H.C. Hwang, Vincent T. Turitto, and Michael R.T. Yen.
433. Ind, N., Beyond branding. 2003, London, UK ; Sterling, VA: Kogan Page. xviii, 236 p. edited by Nicholas Ind.
442. Ipsen, D.C. and R. Cuffari, Eye of the whirlwind: the story of John Scopes. 1973, [Reading, Mass.]: Addison-Wesley. 159 p.Recounts the life of John Thomas Scopes and his trial of 1925 which tested the right of a teacher to teach evolution. [by] D. C. Ipsen. Drawings by Richard Cuffari.
445. Jackson, F. and P. Moore, Life in the universe. 1987, London: Routledge & Kegan Paul. 162 p.,  p. of plates Francis Jackson and Patrick Moore.
446. Jacob, F., Le jeu des possibles : essai sur la diversit‚e du vivant. 1981, Paris: Fayard. 135 p. Franūcois Jacob.
447. Jacquard, A., La l‚egende de la vie. 1992, Paris: Flammarion. 287 p. Albert Jacquard.
450. Jarman, C., Evolution of life. 1970, Feltham,: Hamlyn. 159 p. illustrated by Peter Thornley.
451. Jarman, C. and P. Thornley, Evolution of life. 1971, New York,: Grosset & Dunlap. 159 p.Outlines evolutionary theories, from the Old Testament through Darwin and his successors, and supplies the evolutionary history of major groups of plant and animal life over 500 million years. Illustrated by Peter Thornley.
453. Jastrow, R., Stars, planets and life: the evolution of the cosmos. 1968, London,: Heinemann. xiii, 177 p. illus., ports. 24 cm.
454. Jastrow, R., Red giants and white dwarfs; man's descent from the stars. Rev. ed. 1971, New York,: Harper & Row. xvi, 190 p. illus., ports. 25 cm.
455. Javor, G.T., Once upon a molecule. 1979, Nashville: Southern Pub. Association. 31 p. by George T. Javor.
456. JŤagersten, G., Evolution of the Metazoan life cycle; a comprehensive theory. 1972, London, New York,: Academic Press. x, 282 p. illus. 24 cm.
458. Jennings, H.S., The universe and life. 1971, Freeport, N.Y.,: Books for Libraries Press. 94 p. 23 cm.
460. Johnson, G. and M. Ross, Geek-proof your faith : how to handle 12 tough issues without looking stupid. 1995, Grand Rapids, Mich.: Zondervan. 171 p.Presents Christian perspectives on issues such as evolution/creation, abortion, and the reliability of the Bible, and suggests responses which teenagers may offer in communicating their faith. Greg Johnson & Michael Ross.
461. Johnson, K.R., R.K. Stucky, and Denver Museum of Natural History., Prehistoric journey : a history of life on earth. 1st ed. 1995, Denver
462. Johnston, M., Sea turtles, past and present. 1st ed. 2000, New York: PowerKids Press. 24 p.Discusses the prehistoric ancestors, evolution, modern species, life cycle, and endangered status of sea turtles. Marianne Johnston.
464. Jou, D. and J.E. Llebot, Introduction to the thermodynamics of biological processes. Prentice Hall advanced reference series. Physical and life sciences. 1990, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice Hall. xiii, 170 p. D. Jou, J.E. Llebot ; translated from the Spanish language by Cathy Flick.
465. Juhan, D., Touched by the Goddess : the physical, psychological, and spiritual powers of bodywork. 2002, Barrytown, N.Y.: Barrytown/Station Hill Press. xix, 132 p. Deane Juhan.
466. Juillerat, F.L. and M.D. Burroughs, Contemporary biology : readings and conversations. 3rd ed. 1990, Needham Heights, MA: Ginn Press. 450 p. edited by Florence L. Juillerat, Melanie D. Burroughs.
474. Kaufman, L., K. Mallory, and New England Aquarium (Boston Mass.), The Last extinction. 1986, Cambridge, Mass.: Published in cooperation with the New England Aquarium [by] the MIT Press. ix, 208 p. edited by Les Kaufman and Kenneth Mallory.
475. KŤaŤar, P., Evolution of human life cycle : an analysis on historical human populations. 2001, Turku: Turun Yliopisto by Pekka KŤaŤar.
477. Keppe, M.A.R., The origin of earth. 1984, Sšao Paulo, Brasil: Proton Editora. 185 p. Marc Andr‚e R. Keppe ; translated by Margaret Pinckard Kowarick.
480. KŤuppers, B.-O., Information and the origin of life. 1990, Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press. xxi, 215 p. Bernd-Olaf KŤuppers ; foreword by Carl Friedrich von WeizsŤacker.
483. Kippenhahn, R., 100 billion suns : the birth, life, and death of the stars. 1983, New York: Basic Books. viii, 264 p.,  leaves of plates Rudolf Kippenhahn ; translated by Jean Steinberg.
487. Kitwana, B., The rap on gangsta rap : who run it? : gangsta rap and visions of Black violence. 1st ed. 1994, Chicago: Third World Press. 75 p. Bakari Kitwana.
491. Kolchinskiśi, Á.I., A.M. Ugolev, and A.V. Lapo, ÁEvolŽižuŽtžsiŽiža biosfery : istoriko-kriticheskie ocherki issledovaniśi v SSSR. 1990, Leningrad: "Nauka," Leningradskoe otd-nie. 235 p. ÁE.I. Kolchinskiśi ; otvetstvennye redaktory A.M. Ugolev, A.V. Lapo.
494. Kozhova, O.g.M., L.R. Izmestßeva, and M.M. Kozhov, Lake Baikal : evolution and biodiversity. Biology of inland waters. 1998, Leiden: Backhuys Publishers. xiv, 447 p. edited by O.M. Kozhova and L.R. Izmestßeva.
495. Kross, J., The evolution of an American town : Newtown, New York, 1642-1775. 1983, Philadelphia: Temple University Press. xviii, 335 p. Jessica Kross.
496. Krutch, J.W., The great chain of life. 1977, Boston: Houghton Mifflin. xx vii, 227 p. by Joseph Wood Krutch ; with ill. by Paul Landacre ; and a new pref. by Edward Abbey.
498. Kutter, G.S., The universe and life : origins and evolution. 1987, Boston: Jones and Bartlett. xxxi, 592 p. G. Siegfried Kutter.
499. Kutter, G.S., Origin and evolution of the universe. 1989, Boston: Jones and Bartlett. xxix, 282 p. G. Siegfried Kutter.
502. Lambert, M. and B. Phillpotts, Living things. Understanding. 1986, Morristown, N.J.: Silver Burdett. 65 p.Examines the world of living things by discussing the characteristics, evolution, life cycles, and reproduction of plants and animals. Mark Lambert ; [editor, Beatrice Phillpotts.
503. Lambert, M. and A. Sington, Rainbow prehistoric life encyclopedia. 1981, Chicago: Rand McNally. 138 p.A comprehensive presentation of early animals and their evolution and of the predecessors of modern man. [author, Mark Lambert ; editor, Adrian Sington].
504. Lambert, M., A. Sington, and Checkerboard Press., Checkerboard Press prehistoric life encyclopedia. 1987, New York: Checkerboard Press. 138 p.A comprehensive presentation of early animals and their evolution and of the predecessors of modern man. [author, Mark Lambert ; editor, Adrian Sington].
505. Lamprecht, I., B. Schaarschmidt, and Berlin. Freie Universitat. Zentralinstitut fŤur Biochemie und Biophysik., Application of calorimetry in life sciences : proceedings of the internat. conference in Berlin, August 2-3, 1976. 1. Aufl. ed. 1977, Berlin ; New York: de Gruyter. xv, 339 p. ed. I. Lamprecht, B. Schaarschmidt.
506. Lander, E.S. and M.S. Waterman, Calculating the secrets of life : applications of the mathematical sciences in molecular biology. 1995, Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press. xii, 285 p. Eric S. Lander and Michael S. Waterman, editors.
507. Lane, T.R., Life, the individual, the species. 1976, St. Louis: C. V. Mosby Co. xii, 633 p. Theodore R. Lane, coordinating editor.
508. Langle, H.-M.d., Le petit monde des caf‚es et d‚ebits parisiens au XIXe siŠecle : ‚evolution de la sociabilit‚e citadine. 1. ‚ed. ed. Histoires,. 1990, Paris: Presses universitaires de France. 288 p. Henry-Melchior de Langle.
509. Lanham, U.N., The sapphire planet. 1978, New York: Columbia University Press. 138 p.Traces the history of the earth and discusses the origin of life and the evolution of human societies. Url Lanham.
510. L‚opez Trujillo, A., J. Herranz, and E. Sgreccia, Evangelium vitae e diritto = Evangelium vitae and law : acta symposii internationalis in Civitate Vaticana celebrati : 23-25 maii 1996. 1997, CittŠa del Vaticano: Libreria editrice vaticana. 629 p. curaverunt: Alphnsus L‚opez Trujillo, Iulianus Herranz, Aelius Sgreccia.
511. Lapedes, D.N., McGraw-Hill dictionary of the life sciences. 1976, New York: McGraw-Hill. xiv, 907, 38 p. Daniel N. Lapedes, editor in chief.
514. Lavers, C., Why elephants have big ears : nature's engines and the order of life. 2000, London: Gollancz. xvii, 238 p. Chris Lavers.
515. Lavers, C., Why elephants have big ears : understanding patterns of life on Earth. 1st U.S. ed. 2001, New York: St. Martin's Press. xiv, 269 p. [Chris Lavers].
517. Lawson, K., Darwin and evolution for kids : his life and ideas, with 21 activities. 1st ed. 2003, Chicago, Ill.: Chicago Review Press.A biography of the English naturalist who, after collecting plants and animals from around the world, postulated the theory of evolution by natural selection. Includes related activities. by Kristan Lawson. main themes: Darwin, Charles, 1809-1882
520. Leakey, R.E. and R. Lewin, The sixth extinction : patterns of life and the future of humankind. 1st ed. 1995, New York: Doubleday. 271 p. Richard Leakey and Roger Lewin.
521. Leary, T.F., The game of life. 1979, Culver City, CA: Peace Press. 288 p. by Timothy Leary.
522. Leary, T.F., Musings on human metaporphoses. 2003, Berkeley, CA: Ronin. 128 p. Timothy Leary.
523. Leenheer, A.P.d. and R.R. Roncucci, Quantitative mass spectrometry in life sciences : proceedings of the first international symposium held at the State University of Ghent, June 16-18, 1976. 1977, Amsterdam ; New York
524. Lehrman, R.L., Relationship and variety. 1972, [New York,: Cambridge Book Co. 48 p.Explains the criteria of animal and plant classification. [by] Robert L. Lehrman.
526. Levy, D.H., The Scientific American book of the cosmos. 1st ed. 2000, New York: St. Martin's Press. viii, 408 p.,  p. of plates David H. Levy, editor.
527. Lewin, R. and Smithsonian Institution., Thread of life : the Smithsonian looks at evolution. 1st ed. 1982, Washington, D.C.
531. Lewis, R., British Council., and Yugoslav Union of Science Societies., Computers in the life sciences : applications in research and education. 1979, London: C. Helm. 123 p. edited by R. Lewis.
534. Lindquist, D.G., L.M. Page, and American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists., Environmental biology of darters : papers from a symposium on the comparative behavior, ecology, and life histories of darters (Etheostomatini) held during the 62nd annual meeting of the American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists at Dekalb, Illinois, U.S.A., June 14-15, 1982. Developments in environmental biology of fishes ; 4. 1984, The Hague ; Boston
536. Line, L., This good Earth : the view from Audubon magazine. 1974, New York: Crown Publishers. 256 p. edited by Les Line.
537. Ling, G.N., In search of the physical basis of life. 1984, New York: Plenum Press. xxx, 791 p. Gilbert N. Ling.
538. Llamas Ruiz, A., Evolution. 1996, New York: Sterling Pub. 32 p.Describes the process of evolution, beginning with single-celled organisms and culminating with the appearance of man. Andres Llamas Ruiz ; illustrations by Ferr‚on-Retana.
539. Llamas Ruiz, A. and L. Rizo, The life of a cell. 1997, New York: Sterling Pub. 32 p.Describes the evolution of the first cell, cellular structures, and the processes by which cells reproduce and form tissues. Andres Llamas Ruiz ; illustrated by Luis Rizo.
542. Lorenz, K. and I. Eibl-Eibesfeldt, Das WirkungsgefŤuge der Natur und das Schicksal des Menschen : gesammelte Arbeiten. 1978, MŤunchen: R. Piper. 367 p. Konrad Lorenz ; hrsg. und eingeleitet von IrenŤaus Eibl-Eibesfeldt.
544. Luckett, W.P., et al., Evolutionary relationships among rodents : a multidisciplinary analysis. NATO ASI series. Series A, Life sciences ; v. 92. 1985, New York: Plenum Press. xiii, 721 p. NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Multidisciplinary Analysis of Evolutionary Relationships among Rodents (1984 : Paris, France)
546. Luzarda Kairuz, M., Evoluci‚on de una vida. 1a ed. 2000, Santaf‚e de Bogot‚a: Edici‚on del Autor. 40 p. Martha Luzarda Kairuz.
550. Maddern, E. and L. Duff, Life story. 1988, Hauppauge, N.Y.: Barron's.  p.Traces the evolution of life on earth from the first living cells to the first humans. Eric Maddern ; illustrations by Leo Duff.
551. Mallove, E.F., The quickening universe : cosmic evolution and human destiny. 1st ed. 1987, New York: St. Martin's Press. xix, 268 p. Eugene F. Mallove.
552. Malouf, D. and Australian Broadcasting Corporation., A spirit of play : the making of Australian consciousness. Boyer lectures ; 1998. 1998, Sydney: ABC Books for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 128 p. David Malouf.
554. Manya K'Omalowete a, D., Evolution du pouvoir local Ša Sankuru : la l‚egitimit‚e et le r„ole des chefs de groupements, ainsi que leur place dans la formation des classes sociales au ZaŤire. 1996, Bern ; New York: P. Lang. 540 p. Manya K'Omalowet a Djonga.
556. Maragoudakis, M.E., et al., Angiogenesis : molecular biology, clinical aspects. NATO ASI series. Series A, Life sciences, v. 263. 1994, New York: Plenum Press. x, 372 p. edited by Michael E. Maragoudakis, Pietro M. Gullino, and Peter I. Lelkes.
557. Marcus, B.A., Malaria. Deadly diseases and epidemics. 2003, Philadelphia: Chelsea House Publishers. v. cm. Bernard Marcus.
558. Marcus, L.F. and North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Scientific Affairs Division., Advances in morphometrics. NATO ASI series. Series A, Life sciences ; v. 284. 1996, New York: Plenum Press. xiv, 587 p. edited by Leslie F. Marcus ... [et al.].
559. Marczin, N. and M. Yacoub, Disease markers in exhaled breath : basic mechanisms and clinical applications. NATO science series. Series I, Life and behavioural sciences, v. 346. 2002, Amsterdam ; Washington, DC: IOS Press. xxiii, 418 p. edited by Nandor Marczin and Magdi H. Yacoub.
564. Margulis, L. and L. Olendzenski, Environmental evolution : effects of the origin and evolution of life on planet earth. 1992, Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press. xviii, 405 p. edited by Lynn Margulis and Lorraine Olendzenski.
566. Marrin, A., Stalin. 1993, New York, N.Y., U.S.A.: Puffin Books. 244 p.An account of the life of the man who shaped the Soviet Union, from pre-revolutionary Russia to its evolution as a superpower and the descent of the "Iron Curtain." Albert Marrin.
569. Marshall, K. and I. Johnson, The story of life : from the big bang to you. 1980, New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston. 160 p.Presents the latest scientific theories on the origin of the universe, the beginning of life, and evolution of modern life forms. Also traces the development of humans from the earliest hominids to modern civilization. by Kim Marshall ; ill. by Ingrid Johnson.
570. Mart‚inez, A., La prisi‚on del vestido : aspectos sociales del traje en Am‚erica. 1. ed. Colecci‚on Ariel historia. 1995, Santa Fe de Bogot‚a, D.C.: Planeta Colombiana Editorial. 203 p."Serious historical study of area ignored by most scholars. Combines cultural and economic factors to explain rich diversity in the evolution of styles of dress for men and women. Although beginning with colonial era, focus is on 19th century and emergence of 'traje nacional.' Much commentary deals with Colombia. Research base includes archival work and contemporary publications as well as historical monographs"--Handbook of Latin American Studies, v. 58. A‚ida Mart‚inez Carrešno.
571. Martin, E.A., A Dictionary of life sciences. 1976, London: Macmillan. 374 p.,  fold. leaf of plates edited by E. A. Martin.
572. Martin, E.A., A Dictionary of life sciences. 1977, New York: Pica Press : distributed by Universe Books. 374 p.,  fold. leaf of plates edited by E. A. Martin.
573. Martin, E.A., Dictionary of life sciences. 2nd ed. 1984, New York: Pica Press : Distributed by Universe Books. 396 p. edited by E.A. Martin.
574. Mason, F., The great design; order and progress in nature. 1972, Freeport, N.Y.,: Books for Libraries Press. 324 p. Edited by Frances Mason. Introd. by Sir J. Arthur Thomson.
575. Matsuno, K., Molecular evolution and protobiology. 1984, New York: Plenum Press. ix, 470 p. edited by Koichiro Matsuno ... [et al.].
576. Matthew, W.D., Outline and general principles of the history of life. 1980, New York: Arno Press. 253 p. William Diller Matthew ; [editorial supervision, Erin Foley].
578. Matthews, R. and J. Heap, The first people. 1990, New York: Bookwright Press. 32 p.Describes the role of fossils in tracing human evolution and compares Neanderthal people and their culture with the people of today. Rupert Matthews ; artist, Jonathan Heap.
579. Mattson, M.P., Energy metabolism and lifespan determination. Advances in cell aging and gerontology, v. 14. 2003, Amsterdam ; Boston: Elsevier volume editor, Mark P. Mattson. main themes: Life spans (Biology) Physiological aspects.
581. May, J. and L.F. Bjorklund, How the animals came to North America. 1974, New York,: Holiday House. 37 p.Describes the migration of animal life to the North American continent and its subsequent evolution. Illustrated by Lorence F. Bjorklund.
585. Maynard Smith, J. and E. Szathm‚ary, The origins of life : from the birth of life to the origin of language. 1999, Oxford ; New York: Oxford University Press. 180 p. John Maynard Smith and EŤors Szathm‚ary.
586. Mayr, E., Evolution and the diversity of life : selected essays. 1976, Cambridge, Mass.: Belknap Press of Harvard University press. ix, 721 p. Ernst Mayr.
587. Mayr, E., La biologie de l'‚evolution. 1981, Paris: Hermann. vii, 175 p. Ernst Mayr ; pr‚eface de Franūcois Jacob.
588. Mazin, J.-M. and V.d. Buffr‚enil, Secondary adaptation of tetrapods to life in water : proceedings of the international meeting, Poitiers, 1996. 2001, MŤunchen: Verlag Dr. Friedrich Pfiel. 367 p. edited by Jean-Michel Mazin & Vivian de Buffrenil.
599. McKinney, M.L., Evolution of life : processes, patterns, and prospects. 1993, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice Hall. xi, 415 p. Michael L. McKinney.
600. McLoughlin, J.C., The tree of animal life : a tale of changing forms and fortunes. 1981, New York: Dodd, Mead. 160 p.Discusses the evolution of the major animal phyla from the first primitive cells and transformations of animal life by the processes of natural selection acting on genetic material. John C. McLoughlin.
601. McNulty, F. and J. Schoenherr, Whales, their life in the sea. 1st ed. 1975, New York: Harper & Row. 88 p.Discusses the evolution, physiology, communication, travels, and other details of the various kinds of whales. by Faith McNulty ; ill. by John Schoenherr.
603. Meffe, G.K. and F.F. Snelson, Ecology and evolution of livebearing fishes (Poeciliidae). Prentice Hall advanced reference series. Physical and life sciences. 1989, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice Hall. xxv, 453, p. edited by Gary K. Meffe and Franklin F. Snelson, Jr.
604. Meints, R.H., E. Davies, and University of Nebraska--Lincoln. School of life Sciences., Control mechanisms in development : activation, differentiation, and modulation in biological systems : [proceedings of a symposium to inaugurate the School of Life Sciences at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, held October 14-16, 1974]. Advances in experimental medicine and biology ; v. 62. 1975, New York: Plenum Press. xiii, 226 p. edited by Russel H. Meints and Eric Davies.
605. Melandri, B.A., et al., Bioelectrochemistry IV : nerve muscle function : bioelectrochemistry, mechanisms, bioenergetics, and control. NATO ASI series. Series A, Life sciences ; v. 267. 1994, New York: Plenum Press. x, 376 p. edited by Bruno Andrea Melandri, Giulio Milazzo, and Martin Blank.
606. MŤoller, F.P., The wonder of creation and the enigma of spiritual beings. 1st ed. Words of light and life ; no. 5. 1997, Pretoria: J.L. van Schaik Religious Books. 151 p. F.P. MŤoller.
607. Merriam, C.H., Selected works of Clinton Hart Merriam. Natural sciences in America. 1974, New York,: Arno Press. 1 v. (various pagings) Introd. by Keir B. Sterling.
608. Miall, S. and L.M. Miall, Chemistry, matter and life. 1972, Freeport, N.Y.,: Books for Libraries Press. ix, 295 p. by Stephen Miall and Laurence Mackenzie Miall.
612. Miller, H., Can man prevail? : Human life in its evolutionary environment. 1st ed. 1974, Hicksville, N.Y.: Exposition Press. viii, 123 p. Hugh Miller.
614. Miller, R., Earth and the moon : world's beyond. 2003, Brookfield, Conn.: Twenty-First Century Books. 96 p.Chronicles the origin, evolution, and exploration of the Earth and the Moon, and discusses their composition, their place in our solar system, and more. Ron Miller.
618. Milton, R., The facts of life : shattering the myths of Darwinism. 1993, London: Corgi Books. 333 p. Richard Milton.
620. Minelli, G., R. Berselli, and M. Tamer, Amphibians. 1987, New York, N.Y.: Facts on File Publications. 57 p.Describes the physical characteristics of amphibians and traces their evolutionary history on earth. Giuseppe Minelli ; illustrated by Remo Berselli and Marzio Tamer ; translated by Bryan Fleming.
621. Minelli, G., R. Berselli, and M. Tamer, Mammals. 1987, New York, N.Y.: Facts on File Publications. 57 p.Discusses the evolution of vertebrates on earth from earliest life forms. Giuseppe Minelli ; illustrated by Remo Berselli and Marzio Tamer.
622. Minelli, G. and B. Fleming, Reptiles. 1987, New York, N.Y.: Facts on File. 57 p.Describes the physical characteristics of reptiles and traces their evolutionary history from 300 million years ago to the present. Giuseppe Minelli ; illustrated by Lorenzo Orlandi ; translated and adapted by Bryan Fleming.
623. Minelli, G., B. Fleming, and Lorenzo Orlandi Studio, Marine life. 1986, New York, N.Y.: Facts On File Publications. 57 p. Giuseppe Minelli ; illustrated by the Lorenzo Orlandi Studio ; translated and adapted by Bryan Fleming.
624. Minelli, G. and L. Orlandi, The evolution of life. 1986, New York, N.Y.: Facts On File Publications. 57 p. Giuseppe Minelli ; illustrated by Lorenzo Orlandi.
625. Minelli, G. and L. Orlandi, Dinosaurs and birds. 1987, New York, N.Y.: Facts on File Publications. 57 p.Discusses evolution theories relating dinosaurs and birds; describes various kinds of dinosaurs; and presents an overview of birds existing today. Giuseppe Minelli ; illustrated by the Lorenzo Orlandi Studio ; translated by Margaret Meringer.
627. Mitchell, J.L., Conscious evolution. 1st ed. 1990, New York: Ballantine Books. 210 p. Janet Lee Mitchell.
629. Montenat, C., P. Roux, and L. Plateaux, Pour lire la cr‚eation dans l'‚evolution. 1984, [Paris]: Cerf. 131 p. Christian Montenat, Pascal Roux, Luc Plateaux, avec la collaboration Marc Godinot, Jean-Pierre Signoret.
630. Montenat, C., P. Roux, and L. Plateaux, Pour lire la cr‚eation dans l'‚evolution. Ed. rev. et augm. ed. 1994, Paris: Editions du Cerf. 144 p. Christian Montenat, Pascal Roux, Luc Plateaux, avec la collaboration de Marc Godinot, Jean-Pierre Signoret.
631. Moody, R., Prehistoric life. Just look at--. 1984, Vero Beach, FL: Rourke Enterprises. 45 p.Traces the evolution of life on earth from the appearance of the first jellyfish 670 million years ago through the emergence of man. Richard Moody.
633. Morales Matus, V.M., Ideas y fronteras. 1a ed. 2001, San Jos‚e, Costa Rica: Editorial Universidad Estatal a Distancia (EUNED). 101 p.An anthology of philosophical essays on transcendental human themes, including the meaning of daily life, human biology and evolution, love and the cycle of life and death. V‚ictor Manuel Morales Matus.
635. Morpurgo, G., Vita genetica, evoluzione. 1979, Torino: UTET. xvi, 573 p. [di] Giorgio Morpurgo.
636. Morris, B., Kropotkin : the politics of community. 2003, Amherst, New York: Humanity Books, an imprint of Prometheus Books by Brian Morris.
638. Morris, H.M., The troubled waters of evolution. 1974, San Diego, Calif.: Creation-Life Publishers. 217 p. by Henry M. Morris ; [introd. by Tim LaHaye ; foreword by Thomas Barnes].
639. Morris, H.M., The scientific case for creation. 1977, San Diego: Creation-Life Publishers. 87 p. by Henry M. Morris.
644. Mosley, W., Blue light : a novel. 1st ed. 1998, Boston: Little, Brown and Co. 296 p. Walter Mosley.
645. Mosley, W., Blue light. 1998, [Rockland? Mass.]: Compass Press. 388 p. (large print) Walter Mosley.
646. Moyle, L.M., et al., The life of fishes. Easy reading ed. 1974, London
648. Murphy, J.G., Evolution, morality, and the meaning of life. Philosophy and society. 1982, Totowa, N.J.: Rowman and Littlefield. xii, 158 p. Jeffrie G. Murphy.
649. Murphy, M., S. Murphy, and Sherkin Island Marine Station., Ireland's marine life : a world of beauty. 1992, [Co. Cork, Ireland]: Sherkin Island Marine Station Publications. 152,  p. editors, Matt Murphy, Susan Murphy ; photographer, Paul Kay.
651. Naeye, R., Through the eyes of Hubble : the birth, life, and violent death of stars. 1998, Waukesha, WI: Kalmbach Books. 112 p. Robert Naeye.
652. Nakashima, S. and TŚokyŚo KŚogyŚo Daigaku. Rigaku KenkyŚu RyŚudŚo KikŚo., Geochemistry and the origin of life : proceedings of the International Symposium on the Geochemistry and the Origin of Life, held on March 30, 2001, at the Centennial Memorial Building of the Tokyo Institute of Technology, in Japan. Precursor to challenging investigation series, no. 2. 2001, Tokyo: Universal Academy Press. ix, 355 p. International Symposium on the Geochemistry and the Origin of Life (2001 : Tokyo Institute of Technology)
653. Nalimov, V.V. and R.G. Colodny, Space, time, and life : the probabilistic pathways of evolution. 1985, Philadelphia: ISI Press. xvii, 110 p. V.V. Nalimov ; edited by Robert G. Colodny ; translated by A.V. Yarkho.
655. National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on Environmental Issues in Pacific Northwest Forest Management., Environmental issues in Pacific Northwest forest management. 2000, Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press. xvii, 259 p. Committee on Environmental Issues in Pacific Northwest Forest Management, Board on Biology, Commission on Life Sciences, National Research Council.
656. National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on High-School Biology Education. and W.G. Rosen, High-school biology : today and tomorrow. 1989, Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press. xii, 346 p. Committee on High-School Biology Education, Board on Biology, Commission on Life Sciences, National Research Council ; Walter G. Rosen, editor.
657. National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on Planetary Biology and Chemical Evolution., The Search for life's origins : progress and future directions in planetary biology and chemical evolution. 1990, Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press. ix, 148 p. Space Studies Board, Committee on Planetary Biology and Chemical Evolution, Commission on Physical Sciences, Mathematics, and Applications, National Research Council.
658. National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on Sea Turtle Conservation., Decline of the sea turtles : causes and prevention. 1990, Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press. xv, 259 p. Committee on Sea Turtle Conservation, Board on Environmental Studies and Toxicology, Board on Biology, Commission on Life Sciences, National Research Council.
659. National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on the Origin and Evolution of Life., National Research Council (U.S.). Space Studies Board., and National Research Council (U.S.). Board on Life Sciences., Signs of life : a report based on the April 2000 workshop on life detection techniques. 2002, Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press. xiv, 52 p. Committee on the Origins and Evolution of Life, Space Studies Board, Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences, Board on Life Sciences, Division on Earth and Life Studies, National Research Council of the National Academies.
662. N‚ušnez, A. and F. Cord‚on, Conversaciones con Faustino Cord‚on sobre biolog‚ia evolucionista. 1. ed. 1979, Barcelona: Ediciones Pen‚insula. 375 p. Antonio N‚ušnez ; pr‚ologo de Faustino Cord‚on.
663. Needham, C. and R. Canning, Global disease eradication : the race for the last child. 2003, Washington, D.C.: ASM Press. vii, 196 p. Cynthia A. Needham and Richard Canning.
666. Nicholson, H.A., The ancient life-history of the Earth. 1980, New York: Arno Press. xvii, 407 p. Henry Alleyne Nicholson.
668. Norman, D., Prehistoric life : the rise of the vertebrates. 1994, New York, N.Y.: Macmillan. 246 p. David Norman ; with illustrations by John Sibbick.
669. Obrist, W., Neues Bewusstsein und ReligiositŤat : Evolution zum ganzheitlichen Menschen. 1988, Olten: Walter-Verlag. 337 p. Willy Obrist.
673. Olomucki, M., The chemistry of life. English language ed. The McGraw-Hill horizons of science series. 1993, New York: McGraw-Hill. 132 p. Martin Olomucki ; [translated by Isabel A. Leonard].
674. Oparin, A.I. and S. Morgulis, The origin of life. 2nd ed. Dover phoenix editions. 2003, Mineola, New York: Dover Publications. xxv, 270 p. by A.I. Oparin ; translation with annotations by Sergius Morgulis.
677. Osborn, H.F., The origin and evolution of life. 1980, New York: Arno Press. xxxi, 322 p. Henry Fairfield Osborn.
678. Oser, H. and B. Battrick, Life sciences research in space. Esa Sp, 1105. 1989, Paris, France: European Space Agency. viii, 135 p. editors, H. Oser, B. Battrick.
679. Othmer, H.G., et al., Experimental and theoretical advances in biological pattern formation. NATO ASI series. Series A, Life sciences ; v. 259. 1993, New York: Plenum Press. ix, 388 p. edited by Hans G. Othmer, Philip K. Maini, and James D. Murray.
684. Paccalet, Y., La terre et la vie : chronique de l'univers, des origines au 21e siŠecle. 1991, Paris: Larousse. 224 p. Yves Paccalet ; pr‚eface du Jacques-Yves Cousteau.
685. Packard, A.S., Lamarck, the founder of evolution : his life and work with translations of his writings on organic evolution. 1980, New York: Arno Press. xii, 451 p.,  leaves of plates Alpheus S. Packard.
687. Palti, E.J., La pol‚itica del disenso : la "pol‚emica en torno al monarquismo" (M‚exico, 1848-1850) ... y las apor‚ias del liberalismo. 1a. ed. Secci‚on de obras de historia. 1998, M‚exico, D.F.: Fondo de Cultura Econ‚omica. 471 p."Interesting guide to Mexican political and legal thought in the mid-19th century. Compiler has grouped editorials from major newspapers into such themes as popular sovereignty and the innate problems of republicanism and federalism. Highly valuable for those studying the evolution of democracy in Mexico"--Handbook of Latin American Studies, v. 58. compilaci‚on e introducci‚on de Elias Jos‚e Palti.
688. Pandit, U.K., F.C. Alderweireldt, and North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Scientific Affairs Division., Bioorganic chemistry in healthcare and technology. NATO ASI series. Series A, Life sciences ; v. 207. 1991, New York: Plenum Press. ix, 323 p. NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Bioorganic Chemistry in Healthcare and Technology (1990 : Houthalen, Belgium and Helchteren, Belgium)
691. Parker, A., In the blink of an eye. 2003, Cambridge, MA: Perseus Pub. xviii, 316 p.,  p. of plates Andrew Parker.
692. Parker, G., From evolution to creation ... : a personal testimony. 1977, San Diego, Calif.: Creation-Life Publishers. 40 p. (p. 40 advertisements) by Gary E. Parker.
694. Parker, S., Charles Darwin and evolution. 1992, New York: HarperCollins. 32 p.Traces the life of the English naturalist from his early years through his expedition aboard the H.M.S. Beagle and the development of his theory of evolution by natural selection. Steve Parker.
697. Patton, A.R., Z. Onyshkewych, and G.T. Resch, The chemistry of life. 1970, [New York,: Random House. 129 p.Explains, with accompanying charts and diagrams, the principles of biochemistry. by A. Rae Patton. Illustrated by Zenowij Onyshkewych and George T. Resch.
698. Paul, G.S., The Scientific American book of dinosaurs. 1st ed. 2000, New York: St. Martin's Press. vii, 424 p. Gregory S. Paul, editor.
699. Peacock, W.J., Life : hierarchies of interacting molecules. Silver jubilee symposium ; v. 3. 1980, Canberra: Australian Academy of Science. x, 71 p. edited by W.J. Peacock.
701. Pechurkin, N.S.e. and I.I. Gitelßzon, ÁEnergiŽiža i zhiznß. Nauchno-populŽižarnoe izd. ed. SeriŽiža "Ot molekuly do organizma". 1988, Novosibirsk: "Nauka," Sibirskoe otd-nie. 186 p. N.S. Pechurkin ; otvetstvennyśi redaktor I.I. Gitelßzon.
702. Peltak, J., Call to rescue, call to heal : emergency medical professionals at ground zero. United we stand. 2003, Philadelphia: Chelsea House Publishers. 64 p. Jennifer Peltak.
704. Penny, M., Kangaroos. The secret world of. 2002, Austin, TX: Raintree Steck-Vaughn. 48 p.Provides detailed information on the physical characteristics, evolution, various species, behavior, habitat, life cycle, and interaction with humans of kangaroos, marsupials which may move as fast as forty-four miles per hour. Malcolm Penny.
705. Peoples, H.C., The human question : what people believe about evolution, human origins, and the beginning of life. 2003, Longboat Key, FL: Red Lion Press. viii, 288 p. Hervey Cunningham Peoples.
706. Perkins, S., Agri-quest : the evolution of food production supported by agricultural implements and methods from 8000 B.C. to 2003 A.D. 2003, Swartz Creek, Mich.: Broadblade Press. 230 p. by Stanley Cozadd Perkins.
707. Peters, D., From the beginning : the story of human evolution. 1991, New York: Morrow Junior Books. 128 p.Examines the history of life on Earth and traces the course of human evolution. David Peters.
710. Peterson, M.D., R.C. Vaughan, and Virginia Foundation for the Humanities and Public Policy., The Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom : its evolution and consequences in American history. Cambridge studies in religion and American public life. 1988, Cambridge [England] ; New York: Cambridge University Press. xviii, 373 p. edited by Merrill D. Peterson and Robert C. Vaughan.
715. Pitts, M.W. and M. Roberts, Fairweather Eden : life half a million years ago as revealed by the excavations at Boxgrove. 1st Fromm International ed. 1998, New York: Fromm International Michael Pitts and Mark Roberts.
716. Pius, et al., Papal Addresses to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences 1917-2002 and to the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences 1994-2002. Pontificiae Academiae Scientiarvm Scripta Varia ; 100. 2003, Vatican City: Ex Aedibvs Academics in Civitate Vaticana. 524 p.The organisation of this volume enables the reader to observe how successive popes have followed and understood the unfolding of modern scientific research, with its broad range of focus from the beginning of the universe and man's position within it to the orgigin of life and its evolution. [from book cover] [The Pontifical Academy of Sciences ; preface by Nicola Cabibbo, introduction by Bishop Marcelo S‚anchez Sorondo ; addresses by Benedict XV, Pius XI, Pius XII, John XXIII, Paul VI and John Paul II.]
717. Plummer, D.T., Biochemistry, the chemistry of life. 1989, London ; New York: McGraw-Hill. vii, 310 p. David T. Plummer.
718. Plutchik, R., Emotions and life : perspectives from psychology, biology, and evolution. 1st ed. 2003, Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. xix, 381 p. Robert Plutchik.
719. Poling, J., Leaves: their amazing lives and strange behavior. [1st ed. 1971, New York,: Holt. 114 p.An explanation of the structure, biological behavior and function, evolution, specialization, and often unique adaptation of many varieties of leaves, "the basic foodstuff of all life." illus. 22 cm. main themes: Leaves.
720. Polya, G.M., Biochemical targets of plant bioactive compounds : a pharmacological reference guide to sites of action and biological effects. 2003, London ; New York: Taylor & Francis Gideon Polya.
722. Ponnamperuma, C., Comparative planetology : [proceedings of the Third College Park Colloquium on Chemical Evolution ... held September 29-October 1, 1976 at the University of Maryland]. 1978, New York: Academic Press. ix, 275 p. College Park Colloquium on Chemical Evolution (3rd : 1976)
723. Ponnamperuma, C., Comets and the origin of life : proceedings of the Fifth College Park Colloquium on Chemical Evolution, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, U.S.A., October 29th to 31st, 1980. 1981, Dordrecht, Holland ; Boston
724. Ponnamperuma, C. and J. Chela Flores, Chemical evolution--origin of life : proceedings of the Trieste Conference on Chemical Evolution and the Origin of Life, 26-30 October 1992. Studies in chemical evolution and the origin of life. 1993, Hampton, Va., USA: A. Deepak Pub. xi, 340 p. Trieste Conference on Chemical Evolution and the Origin of Life (1992)
726. Ponnamperuma, C. and L. Margulis, Limits of life : proceedings of the Fourth College Park Colloquium on Chemical Evolution, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, U.S.A., October 18th to 20th, 1978. 1980, Dordrecht, Holland ; Boston
727. Ponnamperuma, C. and University of Maryland College Park. Laboratory of Chemical Evolution., Chemical evolution of the giant planets. 1976, New York: Academic Press. xi, 240 p. [edited] by Cyril Ponnamperuma.
729. Popa, S.G. and M. Shahinpoor, Energy, matter, intelligence, and life (EMIL) : the evolution of EMIL. 2000, Albuquerque, N.M.: ECDM Press. vi, 186 p. Sorin G. Popa and Mohsen Shahinpoor.
732. Prata, S. and Waite Group., Artificial life playhouse : evolution at your fingertips. 1993, Corte Madera, Calif.
733. Prechtl, H.F.R., Continuity of neural functions from prenatal to postnatal life. Clinics in developmental medicine ; no. 94. 1984, London
735. Price, C.C., Synthesis of life. 1974, Stroudsburg, Pa.,: Dowden. xiii, 391 p. edited by Charles C. Price.
736. Price, J.T., The origin and evolution of life. 1971, London,: English Universities Press. vii, 120 p. [by] John T. Price.
739. Pullman, B. and J. Jortner, Nucleic acids, the vectors of life : proceedings of the Sixteenth Jerusalem Symposium on Quantum Chemistry and Biochemistry held in Jerusalem, Israel, 2-5 May, 1983. The Jerusalem symposia on quantum chemistry and biochemistry ; v. 16. 1983, Dordrecht ; Boston
742. Purves, W.K., Life, the science of biology. 7th ed. 2003, Sunderland, Mass.: Sinauer Associates William K. Purves ... [et al.]. main themes: Biology.
745. Randel, W.P., The evolution of American taste. 1978, New York: Crown Publishers. 212 p. William Peirce Randel.
746. Rasmussen, D.T. and University of California Los Angeles. IGPP Center for the Study of Evolution and the Origin of Life., The Origin and evolution of humans and humanness. 1993, Boston: Jones and Bartlett. xii, 146 p. edited by D. Tab Rasmussen.
747. Rasmussen, R., How new evidence of God can bring you joy. 1st ed. 1986, Arlington, VA: Sunshine Press. xii, 214 p. by Royal Rasmussen.
751. Ray, V., Personal evolution : the art of living with purpose. 1992, Center City, Minn.: Hazelden. vii, 115 p. Veronica Ray.
754. Redfern, R., Origins : the evolution of continents, oceans, and life. 2000, London: Cassell. 356 p. written and photographed by Ron Redfern.
756. Reinking, G.F., Cosmic legacy : space, time, and the human mind. 1st ed. 2003, New York: Vantage Press. viii, 390 p. Greg F. Reinking.
759. Revardel, J.-L., Constance et fantaisie du vivant : biologie et ‚evolution. Sciences d'aujourd'hui. 1993, Paris: A. Michel. 292 p. Jean-Louis Revardel.
760. Rhodes, F.H.T., The evolution of life. 2nd ed. 1976, Hermondsworth ; Baltimore: Penguin. 330 p., 8 p. of plates [by] F. H. T. Rhodes.
762. Ricard, J. and A. Cornish-Bowden, Dynamics of biochemical systems. NATO ASI series. Series A, Life sciences ; v. 81. 1984, New York: Plenum Press. xii, 303 p. NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Dynamics of Biochemical Systems (1983 : Marseille, France)
764. Riedl, R., Order in living organisms : a systems analysis of evolution. 1978, Chichester ; New York: Wiley. xx, 313 p. by Rupert Riedl ; translated by R. P. S. Jefferies.
770. Roff, D.A., Life history evolution. 2002, Sunderland, Mass.: Sinauer Associates. vii, 527 p. Derek A. Roff.
771. Rohlfing, D.L., A.I. Oparin, and S.W. Fox, Molecular evolution: prebiological and biological. 1972, New York,: Plenum Press. xix, 481 p. Edited by Duane L. Rohlfing and A. I. Oparin.
772. Rolston, H., Biology, ethics, and the origins of life. The Jones and Bartlett series in philosophy. 1995, Boston: Jones and Bartlett. vi, 248 p. edited by Holmes Rolston III.
774. Ross, F.C., Diversity of life. 1996, Dubuque, IA: Wm. C. Brown Publishers. xvii, 489,  p. Fred Ross ... [et al.]
775. Ross-Macdonald, M., The origin of Johnny. 1st American ed. 1975, New York: Knopf. 96 p.Traces the development of our species from the earliest living chemicals to modern man. Includes the latest information on DNA. Malcolm Ross MacDonald ; foreword by Francis Crick.
776. Rostand, J. and A. T‚etry, Larousse science of life: a study of biology, sex, genetics, heredity and evolution. 1971, London, New York,: Hamlyn. 475 p. [by] Jean Rostand and Andr‚ee T‚etry; [translated from the French by Delano Ames].
778. Royal Society (Great Britain), Modular organisms : case studies of growth and form. 1986, London
779. Rubia Barcia, J. and S. Margaretten, Am‚erico Castro and the meaning of Spanish civilization. 1976, Berkeley: University of California Press. xix, 336 p. edited by Jos‚e Rubia Barcia, with the assistance of Selma Margaretten.
783. Rushton, J.P., Race, evolution, and behavior : a life history perspective. 1995, New Brunswick, N.J., USA: Transaction Publishers. xviii, 334 p J. Philippe Rushton.
786. Russell, L.B. and Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Biology Division., Genetic mosaics and chimeras in mammals. Basic life sciences ; v. 12. 1978, New York: Plenum Press. xiv, 485 p. edited by Liane B. Russell.
789. Russo, M.V., Environmental management : readings and cases. 1999, Boston: Houghton Mifflin Co. xii, 431 p.[TofC cont.] Environmental management cases; Bank of America and the Carlsbad Highlands Foreclosure (A) / A.T. Lawrence; Pacific Lumber Company / M.V. Russo and C. Noblitt; Procter & Gamble Inc., Downy Enviro-Pak / J. Lahey, C. Lane, and A.B. Ryans; Clamshell Controversy / S. Svobody; Industrial products, Inc. (A), Measuring environmental performance / R. Wells. [This book] address[es] the important perspectives surrounding how business operations and management decisions affect the environment. The readings in this text address a broad and substantive range of issues, institutions, and principles/techniques of environmental management. The cases cover a wide variety of issues and contexts and allow for ample application of the concepts and tools addressed in the readings. -Back cover. edited by Michael V. Russo.
790. S≤rensen, A.B.t., et al., Human development and the life course : multidisciplinary perspectives. 1986, Hillsdale, N.J.: L. Erlbaum Associates. xxiv, 604 p. edited by Aage B. S≤rensen, Franz E. Weinert, Lonnie R. Sherrod.
792. Sagan, C. and A. Druyan, Shadows of forgotten ancestors : a search for who we are. 1st ed. 1992, New York: Random House. xvi, 505 p. Carl Sagan, Ann Druyan.
793. Saint-SaŤens, A. and Society for Spanish & Portuguese Historical Studies. Meeting, Permanence and evolution of behavior in Golden-Age Spain : essays in gender, body, and religion. 1991, Lewiston: E. Mellen Press. 176 p. Religion, body, and gender in early modern Spain.
798. Saville, D. and J. Martin, The evolution of the world. A Revolving picture book. 1991, [New York]: Hyperion Books for Children. 1 v. (unpaged).Traces, in text and revolving illustrations, the creation of the earth and the development of plant and animal life. by David Saville ; illustrated by Josephine Martin.
800. Schinkel, S.H. and T.C. Schinkel, Earthbridge crossing : a sunny approach to philosophy, quantum physics, spiritual awareness, and the evolution of human consciousness ; a mythological fantasy tale. 1995, Rio Verde, Ariz.: Green River Publishing. vii, 368 p. by Sydne Heather Schinkel ; in collaboration with Thomas Charles Schinkel.
801. Schmidt, H., Die Evolution der Materie zum Lebendigen. 1977, Mannheim: Bionomica-Verlag. 138 p. Hartwig Schmidt.
802. Schoffeniels, E., Biochemical evolution and the origin of life; proceedings of the International Conference on Biochemical Evolution. Molecular evolution ; 2. 1971, Amsterdam,: North Holland Pub. Co. xiv, 398 p. with illus., 2 fold. l. International Conference on Biochemical Evolution (1970 : Li‚ege, Belgium)
804. Schopf, J.W. and University of California Los Angeles. IGPP Center for the Study of Evolution and the Origin of Life., Major events in the history of life. 1992, Boston: Jones and Bartlett Publishers. xv, 190 p. edited by J. William Schopf.
806. Schriefers, H. and M. Rehm, Biochemie der Entstehung des Lebens : e. Bibliogr. = Biochemical origin of life : a bibliogr. 1. Aufl. ed. 1976, Stuttgart ; New York: Schattauer. 303 p. von Herbert Schriefers, Margarete Rehm.
809. Schwartz, A.W., Theory and experiment in exobiology. 1971, Groningen,: Wolters-Noordhoff. v. Editor Alan W. Schwartz.
810. Schwemmler, W., Mechanismen der Zellevolution : Grundriss e. modernen Zelltheorie. 1.-4. Tsd. ed. 1979, Berlin ; New York: de Gruyter. 275 p. Werner Schwemmler.
811. Schwemmler, W., Reconstruction of cell evolution : a periodic system. 1984, Boca Raton, Fla.: CRC Press. 248 p. author, Werner Schwemmler.
815. Sedlak, W.o., Kierunek--poczŮatek Ázycia : narodziny paleobiochemii krzemu. Wyd. 1. ed. 1985, Lublin: Red. Wydawn. Katolickiego Uniwersytetu Lubelskiego. 178 p. WĪodzimierz Sedlak.
816. Seeberg, E., et al., Chromosome damage and repair. NATO advanced study institutes series. Series A, Life sciences ; v. 40. 1981, New York: Plenum Press. xiv, 623 p. edited by Erling Seeberg and Kjell Kleppe.
817. Sehgal, V., The meaning of life : reincarnation, evolution of consciousness, karma and peace, love is the ultimate reality, meditation, the art of dying. 1998, Greely, Ont.: Vimal Sehgal. 202 p. by Vimal Sehgal.
818. Seielstad, G.A., At the heart of the web : the inevitable genesis of intelligent life. 1st ed. 1989, Boston: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich. xiii, 294 p. George A. Seielstad.
820. Selsam, M.E. and L. Line, Land of the giant tortoise : the story of the Gal‚apagos. 1977, New York: Four Winds Press. 55 p.Describes two theories of the geological formation of the Gal‚apagos Islands and explains the arrival and evolution of plant and animal life found there. by Millicent E. Selsam ; illustrated with photos. by Les Line.
821. Semenza, G. and E. Carafoli, Biochemistry of membrane transport. 1977, Berlin ; New York: Springer-Verlag. xix, 669 p. Febs Symposium on the Biochemistry of Membrane Transport, Swiss Institute of Technology, 1976.
823. SETI Institute., How might life evolve on other worlds? : SETI academy planet project. Life in the universe series. 1995, Englewood, Colo.: Teacher Ideas Press. xxvi, 223 p. SETI Institute.
824. SETI Institute., The evolution of a planetary system : SETI academy planet project. Life in the universe series. 1995, Englewood, Colo.: Teacher Ideas Press. xxviii, 220 p. SETI Institute.
826. Sherman, A. and S. Sherman, The elements of life : an approach to chemistry for the health sciences. 1980, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall. xxiii, 531 p. Alan Sherman, Sharon J. Sherman.
827. Shibatani, A., K. Nagano, and T. YŚorŚo, Seimei no tanjŚo. Shohan. ed. KŚoza shinka ; 5. 1991, TŚokyŚo: TŚokyŚo Daigaku Shuppankai. xiii, 224 p. Shibatani Atsuhiro, Nagano Kei, YŚorŚo Takeshi hen.
828. Shklovskiśi, I.S., Stars, their birth, life, and death. 1978, San Francisco: W. H. Freeman. xiv, 442 p. Iosif S. Shklovskii ; translated by Richard B. Rodman.
831. Shulßman, G.E., Life cycles of fish; physiology and biochemistry. 1974, New York,: Wiley. vii, 258 p. [by] G. E. Shulßman. Translated from Russian by N. Kaner. Translation edited by Hilary Hardin.
832. Shuler, J., Living love : the key to soul evolution. 1993, Cooperstown, N.Y.: Sunstone Publications. 1 v. (unpaged) Jacqueline Shuler.
834. Siler, W., D.A.B. Lindberg, and Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology., Computers in life science research. FASEB monographs ; v. 2. 1975, Bethesda, [Md.]
837. Simmons, J.A., Apparatus for research on animal ultrasonic signals. Life sciences miscellaneous publications. 1979, Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum. 31 p. James A. Simmons ... [et al.].
838. Simon, C.M.H., Faith has need of all the truth; a life of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. [1st ed. 1974, New York,: Dutton. 180 p.Biography of the paleontologist, priest, writer, and co-discoverer of Peking man who developed a theory claiming to unify cosmic evolution and Christianity. by Charlie May Simon.
839. Simons, G.L., Are computers alive? : evolution and new life forms. 1983, Brighton, Sussex: Harvester. xi, 212 p. Geoff Simons.
843. Smirnov, G.S., RossiśiskaŽiža itelligenŽtžsiŽiža i noosfernaŽiža dinamika : materialy XII mezhdunarodnośi nauchno-teoreticheskośi konferenŽtžsii "Dukhovnostß intelligenŽtžsii kak faktor ustośichivogo razvitiŽiža obshchestva" : Ivanovo, 20-22 sentŽižabrŽiža 2001 g. 2001, Ivanovo: Ivanovskiśi gos. universitet. 132 p. MezhdunarodnaŽiža nauchno-teoreticheskaŽiža konferenŽtžsiŽiža "Dukhovnostß intelligenŽtžsii kak faktor ustośichivogo razvitiŽiža obshchestva" (12th : 2001 : Ivanovo, Russia)
847. Smuts, J.C. and S. Holst, Holism and evolution : the original source of the holistic approach to life. Complete and unabridged [ed.]. ed. 1999, Sherman Oaks, Calif.: Sierra Sunrise Books. xiv, 385 p. Jan Christiaan Smuts ; edited by Sanford Holst.
848. Snedden, R., The diversity of life : from single cells to multicellular organisms. Cell & life. 2003, Chicago, Ill.: Heinemann Library. 48 p. Robert Snedden.
852. Solbrig, O.T. and D.J. Solbrig, Introduction to population biology & evolution. 1979, Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley Pub. Co. xii, 468 p. Otto T. Solbrig and Dorothy J. Solbrig.
854. Solovyov, S.M., Vladimir Solovyov : his life and creative evolution. 2000, Fairfax, Va.: Eastern Christian Publications, Inc. 542 p. Sergey M. Solovyov ; translated by Aleksey Gibson.
856. Sotto, A. and V. Oberto, Au-delŠa de la mort : nouvelles recherches parapsychiques. ‚Evolution psi. 1977, Paris: Presses de la Renaissance. 283,  p.,  p. of plates Alain Sotto, Varinia Oberto.
860. Standring, G. and P. Credland, The Living waters : life in lakes, rivers, and seas. 1976, Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday. 144, 144 p. col. ill. ; 27 cm.
862. Stares, J., Molecules of life. 1972, London,: Geoffrey Chapman Publishers. 128 p. illustrations by Sandra Barnaby.
865. Stefoff, R., Tigers. Animalways. 2002, New York: Benchmark Books.Presents detailed information on tigers, including their representation in art and mythology, physical evolution, various subspecies, habitats, physical characteristics, behavior, life cycle, and interaction with humans, as well as the efforts being made to protect remaining subspecies from extinction. by Rebecca Stefoff. main themes: Tigers Juvenile literature.
866. Stefoff, R., Penguins. Animalways. 2003, New York: Benchmark Books.Discusses the evolution, biology, life cycle, and social and mating behavior of penguins. by Rebecca Stefoff. main themes: Penguins Juvenile literature.
869. Stephen, L., Studies of a biographer. 1973, New York,: B. Franklin. 4 v. 22 cm.
871. Stephenson, R., R. Browne, and M. Clay, Exploring variety of life. Exploring science. 1993, Austin, Tex.: Raintree Steck-Vaughn. 48 p.Describes life on Earth, from bacteria and algae to reptiles, birds, and mammals, and discusses classification, evolution, extinction, and genetics. Robert Stephenson and Roger Browne ; illustrated by Marilyn Clay.
874. Strack, F., Evolution des Geistes--Jena um 1800 : Natur und Kunst, Philosophie und Wissenschaft im Spannungsfeld der Geschichte. Deutscher Idealismus ; Bd. 17. 1994, Stuttgart: Klett-Cotta. 733 p. herausgegeben von Friedrich Strack.
877. Strickberger, M.W., Evolution. The Jones and Bartlett series in life sciences. 1990, Boston: Jones and Bartlett. xi, 579 p. Monroe W. Strickberger.
880. Sturla, F.r., Surtsey : evolution of life on a volcanic island. 1975, London: Butterworth. , 198 p., leaf of plate,  p. of plates Sturla Fridriksson.
881. Sundin, S.Z., Livsorientering. 1976, TŤaby
883. Tanaka, H., Seimei to fukuzatsukei. Shohan. ed. 2002, TŚokyŚo: BaifŚukan. vii, 365 p. Tanaka Hiroshi cho.
884. Taylor, B., Plants and animals. The Young Oxford library of science ; v. 2. 2002, New York: Oxford University Press. 48 p.Discusses plant and animal life forms from bacteria to mammals, including information about their evolution, classification, and various habitats. Barbara Taylor.
885. Taylor, F. and R. Karban, The Evolution of insect life cycles. Proceedings in life sciences. 1986, New York: Springer-Verlag. x, 287 p. edited by Fritz Taylor and Richard Karban, with contributions by W.E. Bradshaw.
886. Taylor, J., Evolution in the outback. 1987, Kenthurst [N.S.W.]: Kangaroo Press. 128 p. Jan Taylor.
887. Templeton, J.M. and K.S. Giniger, Spiritual evolution : scientists discuss their beliefs. 1998, Philadelphia, Pa.: Templeton Foundation Press edited by John Marks Templeton and Kenneth Seeman Giniger.
888. TeyssŠedre, B., La vie invisible : les trois premiers milliards d'ann‚ees de l'histoire de la vie sur terre. 2002, Paris: Harmattan. 482 p. Bernard TeyssŠedre.
891. Thompson, R.C.A. and A.J. Lymbery, Echinococcus and hydatid disease. 1995, Wallingford, Oxon, UK: CAB International. xii, 477 p. edited by R.C.A. Thompson and A.J. Lymbery.
892. Thompson, W.I., The American replacement of nature : the everyday acts and outrageous evolution of economic life. 1st ed. 1991, New York: Doubleday. 159 p. William Irwin Thompson.
897. Toporek, M., Basic chemistry of life. 2d ed. 1975, New York: Appleton-Century-Crofts. xiv, 535 p. Milton Toporek.
898. Toporek, M., Basic chemistry of life. 1981, St. Louis: Mosby. xiv, 521 p. Milton Toporek.
899. TorosŽižan, A.Ž. OsnovnaŽiža funkŽtžsiŽiža zhivogo i ee ÁevolŽižuŽtžsiŽiža. 1994, Moskva: "Nauka". 223 p. A.ŽTžS. TorosŽižan.
900. Torrent Guasp, F., De lo inerte a la cuarta evoluci‚on : ensayo sobre la historia del ser vivo. 1974, Denia: Editorial F. Domenoch. 109 p. Francisco Torrent Guasp.
901. Torstar Books (Firm), Growth and development : the span of life. 1985, New York: Torstar Books. 158 p. ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
902. Touchstone, J.C., Planar chromatography in the life sciences. Chemical analysis ; v. 108. 1990, New York: Wiley. x, 199 p. edited by Joseph C. Touchstone.
908. Tudge, C., The Environment of life. 1988, New York: Oxford University Press. 248,  p. [edited by] Colin Tudge.
910. T-W-Fiennes, R.N., Biology of nutrition: the evolution and nature of living systems; the organisation and nutritional methods of life forms. [1st ed. International encyclopaedia of food and nutrition, v. 18. 1972, Oxford, New York,: Pergamon Press. xv, 681 p. Volume editor: Richard N. T-W-Fiennes.
911. Two-Can (Firm), Planetearth. Interfact reference. 2000, Chanhassen, Minn.: Two-Can. 48 p.Presents information on the geography, plants, and wildlife of Earth, as well as a timeline of the planet's formation and evolution. Includes a multimedia disk containing activities, puzzles, and games. Two-Can Publishing.
912. Ulfstrand, S., Savannah lives : animal life and human evolution in Africa. 2002, Oxford: Oxford University Press. xi, 317 p. Staffan Ulfstrand ; translated by Cheryl Jones Fur.
920. Varma, M.N. and A. Chatterjee, Computational approaches in molecular radiation biology : Monte Carlo methods. Basic life sciences ; v. 63. 1994, New York: Plenum Press. ix, 263 p. edited by Matesh N. Varma and Aloke Chatterjee.
921. Vermeij, G.J., Evolution and escalation : an ecological history of life. 1987, Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press. xv, 527 p. Geerat J. Vermeij.
924. Vyvyan, J., Sketch for a world-picture: a study of evolution. 1972, London,: Joseph. 202,  p. illus., maps. 23 cm. main themes: Evolution (Biology)
925. Wake, D.B. and G. Roth, Complex organismal functions : integration and evolution in vertebrates : report of the Dahlem Workshop on Complex Organismal Functions--Integration and Evolution in Vertebrates, Berlin 1988, August 28-September 2. Dahlem workshop reports. 1989, Chichester [England] ; New York: Wiley. xiii, 451 p. Dahlem Workshop on Complex Organismal Functions: Integration and Evolution in Vertebrates (1988 : Berlin, Germany)
927. Walker, R., Genes & DNA. Kingfisher knowledge. 2003, Boston, Mass.: Kingfisher. 63 p. Richard Walker ; foreword by Steve Jones.
928. Waquet, F., Le latin, ou, L'empire d'un signe : XVIe-XXe siŠecle. Evolution de l'humanit‚e. 1998, Paris: Albin Michel. 414 p. Franūcoise Waquet.
929. Warhol, T., Hawks. Animalways. 2003, New York: Benchmark Books.Discusses the evolution, biology, life cycle, and social and mating behavior of hawks and falcons. Tom Warhol. main themes: Hawks Juvenile literature.
931. Wassermann, G.D., Keys to life : philosophy and new mechanisms of evolution and development. Avebury series in philosophy. 1996, Aldershot, Hants, England ; Brookfield, Vt.: Avebury. xiii, 234 p. Gerhard D. Wassermann.
932. Watanabe, J., A. Morimoto, and O. Chambi, La memoria del ojo : cien ašnos de presencia japonesa en el Per‚u. 1999, Lima: Congreso de la Rep‚ublica del Per‚u. 243 p."While not a scholarly work, this beautiful book of photographs of the Japanese experience in Peru from the 1890s to the present offers invaluable images of daily life, cultural events, school work, and the hard times of deportation and internment during World War II. Compiled by the leading authorities on the Japanese in Peru and one of the nation's most prominent photographers, this lavish volume was published by the Peruvian government as a testimony to the role of the Japanese immigrant in Peruvian society. As such, it marks a complete evolution from the dark days of more than half a century ago"--Handbook of Latin American Studies, v. 58. Jos‚e Watanabe, Amelia Morimoto, ‚Oscar Chambi.
933. Watson, D.C.C., The great brain robbery. 1975, Worthing: Walter. , 108 p. by David C. C. Watson.
934. Watson, D.C.C., The great brain robbery. 1976, Chicago: Moody Press. 128 p. by David C. C. Watson.
936. Webster, S., The Kingfisher book of evolution. 2000, New York: Kingfisher. 96 p.Examines the evolution of life on Earth, from the first primitive organisms to modern humans, and attempts to look into the future. Stephen Webster.
939. Wexo, J.B. and W. Stuart, Out of the water. 1991, Mankato, Minn.: Creative Education. 24 p.Describes how the first plants and animals adapted to life on dry land. [created and written by John Bonnett Wexo ; chief artist, Walter Stuart].
941. Wheeler, G.W., The two-taled dinosaur : why science and religion conflict over the origin of life. 1975, Nashville: Southern Pub. Association. 224 p. by Gerald W. Wheeler.
943. Whitfield, P., From so simple a beginning : the book of evolution. 1993, New York: Macmillan : Maxwell Macmillan International. 220 p. Philip Whitfield.
944. Whitfield, P. and British Museum (Natural History), Why did the dinosaurs disappear? : questions about life in the past. 1991, New York: Viking. 96 p. answered by Philip Whitfield with the Natural History Museum.
946. Wicander, R. and J.S. Monroe, Historical geology : evolution of the earth and life through time. 1989, St. Paul: West Pub. Co. x, 577 p. Reed Wicander, James S. Monroe.
947. Wicander, R. and J.S. Monroe, Historical geology : evolution of the earth and life through time. 2nd ed. 1993, Minneapolis/St. Paul: West Pub. Co. xxi, 640 p. Reed Wicander, James S. Monroe.
955. Wilder-Smith, A.E., The creation of life; a cybernetic approach to evolution. [1st ed. 1970, Wheaton, Ill.,: H. Shaw. 269 p. [by] A. E. Wilder Smith.
959. Wilson, E.O., Life on earth. 1st ed. 1973, Stamford, Conn.,: Sinauer Associates. xi, 1033 p. [by] Edward O. Wilson [and others.
960. Wilson, E.O., Life : cells, organisms, populations. 1977, Sunderland, Mass.: Sinauer Associates. viii, 546 p. Edward O. Wilson ... [et al.].
961. Wilson, E.O., Life on earth. 2d ed. 1978, Sunderland, Mass.: Sinauer Associates. 846 p. Edward O. Wilson ... [et al.].
962. Wilson, R.J., Darwinism and the American intellectual : an anthology. 2nd ed. American society and culture. 1989, Chicago, Ill.: Dorsey Press. vi, 167 p. edited by R. Jackson Wilson.
963. Wirtz, K.W.A., New developments in lipid-protein interactions and receptor function. NATO ASI series. Series A, Life sciences ; v. 246. 1993, New York: Plenum Press. ix, 318 p. edited by K.W.A. Wirtz ... [et al.].
966. Woodford, J., The secret life of wombats. 2001, Melbourne: Text Publishing. 226 p.,  p. of col. plates James Woodford.
967. Woodhead, A.D., Brookhaven National Laboratory. Biology Dept., and Brookhaven National Laboratory. Medical Dept., Assessment of risk from low-level exposure to radiation and chemicals : a critical overview. Basic life sciences ; v. 33. 1985, New York: Plenum Press. xi, 529 p. edited by Avril D. Woodhead ... [et al.].
968. Woodhead, A.D. and K.H. Thompson, Evolution of longevity in animals : a comparative approach. Basic life sciences ; v. 42. 1987, New York: Plenum Press. x, 354 p. Brookhaven Symposium in Biology (34th : 1986 : Upton, N.Y.)
969. Wright, R., The moral animal : the new science of evolutionary psychology. 1st ed. 1994, New York: Pantheon Books. x, 467 p. Robert Wright.
970. Wright-Neville, D.P., The evolution of Japanese foreign aid, 1955-1990 : the impact of culture, politics, and the international system on the policy formation process. 1991, Clayton, Vic.: Monash Development Studies Centre, Monash University. 122 p. by David P. Wright-Neville.
971. Wyczynski, P., F. Gallays, and S. Simard, L'Essai et la prose d'id‚ees au Qu‚ebec : naissance et ‚evolution d'un discours d'ici, recherche et ‚erudition, forces de la pens‚ee et de l'imaginaire, bibliographie. Archives des lettres canadiennes ; t. 6. 1985, Montr‚eal: Fides. 921 p. [pr‚epar‚e sous la direction de Paul Wyczynski, Franūcois Gallays et Sylvain Simard].
973. Yin, A.Q., Pleiadian perspectives on human evolution. 1996, Santa Fe, N.M.: Bear & Co. Pub. xx, 284 p. Amorah Quan Yin ; foreword by Barbara Hand Clow.
975. Yount, L., Antoine Lavoisier : founder of modern chemistry. Great minds of science. 1997, Springfield, NJ: Enslow Publishers. 128 p.Profiles the life of the Frenchman who is considered the founder of modern chemistry and biochemistry, because of his discovery of oxygen and his work on combustion and respiration. Lisa Yount.
976. Zellar, G. and N.G. Wyatt, History of the Bumpers College : evolution of education in the agricultural, food and life sciences in Arkansas. 1999, Fayetteville, Ark.: Arkansas Agricultural Experiment Station. viii, 332 p. by Gary Zellar and Nancy Wyatt.